Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    leftie79

Anyone know if the KMNTC is hosting a summer camp this year?

johnwhitman

Leftie,
    Yes, we are. It’s in August. The dates have been set, but I don’t recall them at the moment. They will be posted on this site soon.

For those who’ve never been, the 3-day summer camp involves KM instruction at the KMNTC, beach training, and firearms training with Scott Reitz, chief firearms instructor for LAPD’s SWAT and Metro units. He’s fantastic! We also throw a party for everyone on Saturday night.

If you’ve gone before, here are some changes for this year! We are separating the firearms training into two groups: beginner and advanced. Advanced students will do a lot more work on moving targets, speed drills, etc. Also, we are adding a \”padded assailant\” day at the end, where you can go full force against a live attacker.

It’s going to be great training and a great time!

anonymous

Would you ever consider adding firearms training to the regular classes? I think that would be very interesting. I’d love to do the summer camp, but it’s probably going to be too expensive for me. 😥

leftie79

Thankyou for the reply, John. Sounds to me like a very fun and exciting weekend. And also a way to meet people who either post here and others that come from across the country to train hard. Can’t forget it’s a way to meet the fantastic instructors in L.A! I will have to check out the info. when it gets posted, depending on price don’t know if I will be able to make it or not.

johnwhitman

Rather than add firearms training to our regular classes, we recommend people to train with — since we’d have to go out to the range anyway. Also, of course, we work with some of the very best in the world, so it makes sense for you to get training from them. A number of KMNTC train at Scott Reitz’s range on a regular basis. They do a number of beginning courses each year, along with higher level courses that include nightshooting, vehicle assaults, and more.

leftie79

John or anyone else that has attended…where is this party held?

johnwhitman

Anyone else who’s attended should definitely jump in with an opinion here (feel free to talk pros and cons).

The party is held at a nearby hotel. They give attendees a discount on rooms. We rent out a small ballroom at the top of the hotel, serve drinks and dessert, bring in some entertainment, etc. It’s casual, but a very good time!

anonymous

Hey John,

Do you know where that firearms range is located and how much a beginner’s course would cost?

Hey Leftie,

You’re not just coming for the party, are you? 😀

la-revancha

Firearms School:
    http://www.intltactical.com/

The staff is very helpful and alot of fun. A top-notch program.

BTW, the party is held at the Holiday Inn on Sunset Blvd. immediately off the 405 (in the direction of Bel-Air). A number of NTC’s staff attend the party, so its nice to see all those bad-a$$e$ (like Darren and Tina 😉 ) in civilian clothing.

KMAA goes ALL out for the Summer Camp participants. The price may seem a little steep, but you definitely will not be disappointed.

leftie79

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Hey Leftie,

You’re not just coming for the party, are you? 😀

Umm, no. I can go to a party anytime..LOL. But it would be fun to party with the people I trained with. 😉

As I stated in the above post I said I may come depending on price. It would be a great Krav experience to do some training on the beach krav style and learn more about firearms training as well.

anonymous

That firearms range looks nice, but kind of pricey. I wonder, if a group of KM students would go together, if we would get some type of discount. You know, like a fun little KM firearms field trip. A day of training and maybe a picnic (or even a party!!).

So sort of what we would do during the summer camp,but without the summer camp. John, would you consider something like that? As I said, I’d love to do the whole summer camp, but I just can’t afford it. And this could be fun, specialized training, what do you think? 😉 Just for one day or so, see how it goes, if people like it do it more often?

johnwhitman

Sure.
    We’ve actually done it a couple of times before, although it’s pretty low key. We’ve done it once for instructors, and once we helped a group of students organize a trip of their own, and once we did a firearms course for women.

It wouldn’t be a problem. Scotty and Bret (who run ITTS) are great, and we have a good relationship with them.

anonymous

That would be cool!!

I must have missed those other times we did this, but it probably was because we kept it so low key. If you decided to do it this time, maybe we could just advertise it more, put some flyers up and announce it in class. I could imagine that there would be plenty of students interested in signing up. And it would be important for people, who don’t usually handle guns to obtain at least a basic knowledge of it. After all, when we do our gun defenses, we try to take the weapon away from the attacker and in an extreme case we might even have to use it against him, so even if you don’t actually own a gun it’s still useful to learn how to handle one correctly.

BTW, what’s the difference between a firearms course for women and one for men? Wouldn’t men and women have to learn the same things? Or are women just more comfortable without the guys around?

Anyway, that facility looks nice. And if that’s too expensive, we could always do the poor man’s version, drive out into the desert and shoot at cans….. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: