Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kmman

I am thinking of switching to an ALL KM school to a Kung Fu school that has KM classes (KMWW certified) for schedule and geographical reasons.

1. School is 10 miles closer
    2. Schedule allows me to get to 2 classes whereas all KM Im struggling to get to one.

Factors:

1. KF school has all levels mixed. Obviously less students/instructors.
    2. KF school may be a bit more on the fly.

Can anyone chime in on their experiences with a non ALL KM school and any benefits and/or pitfalls?

Re: Switching KM Schools

I’m moving soon so I’ve been talking to a few friends in other areas. From what I can understand it all depends on the instructor.

Sorry… Not much help but that’s the only thing I’ve found to be consistent in my research.

Good instructor = Good class.

Other variables like mixing levels, number of students, other disciplines taught in the building don’t seem to matter.

cw4-ret-h

Re: Switching KM Schools

I’ve had a great experience at the Chino Hills school (which is Krav and Japanese Karate). I think having two types of customers increases the likelihood they will stay in business. If its a new school, perhaps they will start offering separate classes for each level. When I started at CH, they had one Level 1 class and now offer a variety of classes at the different skill levels. Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: