Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    michaelmall

Just saw this movie thought it was one of the
    best movies thus far.It appeared to use krav in it
    but not total sure.

brandon7s

Re: Taken

Just got out of the theaters a few minutes ago. Pretty good movie, not great, but pretty good.

Looked like it could have had some krav in it, but considering the nature of krav, it’s hard to tell what it is and isn’t.

mariusnc

Saw the unrated version last year, and yes, Krav is being used. Remember, Krav is not just about technique, but mind set.;):

miche

It was AWSOME!!!!!!

kylestyle913

HOLY ****!!!!!!!! GREAT fight secquences and a great plot. really well done.

doublej226

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It reminded me of “Man on Fire” but with more fighting and less shooting. Definitely worth watching.

kms1974

If Krav was being used…I couldn’t tell. People got put down too fast in that movie. Thats going to be a movie for the archives!

by the way, that girls father had some serious cardio!

d-bain

Outstanding movie, and in the end?………….Just kidding……Go see it. thumbsup

freelancer

Now that it’s on video I got a chance to check it out. Not sure that I saw anything that specifically made me think of Krav but the offensive nature of some of the defensives were cool.

With camera angles as they are and the changing of views in such a rapid manner it’s really hard to get a good look at the coreography these days.

The only time I was watching a show and stopped and said “that is soooo krav maga” was an episode of The Unit. Of course it was the one that Sam worked on.

Over all I liked the movie but was pissed off knowing that trafficking in women and children is all too real.

kmcat

I too saw it for the first time on DVD yesterday.

I used slow-mo/step-frame through a couple of scenes and could see it looked like they were trying to make it “Krav Maga like”.

I still think the most true to Krav Maga fight scenes in fictional stories that I have seen the last year is “The Sara Conner Chronicles”.

radharc

I also saw the movie a few weeks ago and was curious too about the fighting style, some things are really krav like, but apparently the main style is something called shinshai goshin kai, never heard about it :confused: but that¥s what i found out in IMDB.

“The fighting art primarily used in this movie is Shinsai Goshin Kai. Liam Neeson was trained by Mick Gould, who is a senior practitioner of this art and previously taught members of the SAS, including Andy McNab, with whom he later worked on the Michael Mann movie Heat (1995).”

The link is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936501/trivia in case anyone wants to check it.

swimwithme98

Over all I liked the movie but was pissed off knowing that trafficking in women and children is all too real.

What pissed me off was that the mom wanted her to go to Paris, but then what would the whole point of the movie be? Great movie. Watched it on DVD the other night. The fight scenes were awesome. Has anyone watched the extras? I wonder if they would say if Krav was used.

swimwithme98

What pissed me off was that the mom wanted her to go to Paris, but then what would the whole point of the movie be? Great movie. Watched it on DVD the other night. The fight scenes were awesome. Has anyone watched the extras? I wonder if they would say if Krav was used.

armitage

I actually rented this movie from Redbox the other day…after reading this thread! Very much enjoyed it and definately recommend it as a good solid action movie.

The H2H scenes are very “Krav-like”, particularly a knife disarm which happens early on in the movie, and overall I liked the movie’s intense theme and fight/shooting/chase sequences.

resqr1

If that was my kid it would have been a VERY short movie.

“Daddy I want to go to Paris.”

“Honey, you’re only 17. NO!!

“But Daddy…”

Honey I love you with all my heart and soul so…HELL NO!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: