Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Taking Care of Your Body

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    culater411

I find that after a good Krav Class a good long hot bath helps me feel better. I haven’t been taking classes long but I leave sore, sometimes really sore depending on which Instructor is working us out in the warm-ups and drills. For the most part my instructors are in really good shape (and one in particular is really cute too 😳 ) but they push us pretty hard, sometimes I leave and my arms feel like jelly. Last week after class I went home took my bath and fell asleep and starting doing the elbows and hammerfists in my sleep, has this happened to anyone else. My one instructor (yes the really cute one) told me that it was normal.

Does anyone have any good advise on how to \”combat\” the soreness of a post krav workout?

Thanks,
    Jelly Arms

kmsf

This soreness will eventually go away for the most part after you have been training awhile. Dit da jow (spelling?) I’ve heard works also.
    And if I am reading between the lines in your posts you may as well ask your instructor out and see where that goes and maybe he can rub the soreness out of your body – the dreamy tall cute one yeah. He maybe under the assumption it would be improper to persue you being ethical among those other great qualities 😉 .

rosie

I do Krav in my sleep too, or so I’m told. I don’t think it’s abnormal. But my boyfriend is sick of getting kicked and punched in the middle of the night. 😆

runnergirl

Well, the hot bath is making any soreness worse. Yes, it might feel good at the time, but prevents your body from healing because it slows circulation. Most elite athletes get in an ice bath after a long workout to speed up recovery. I use ice baths on occasion, and wear a hat and gloves in the tub to make it more tolerable.

Take a couple advil if it bothers you, and try not to work the same muscle groups two days in a row, it’ll get easier and less painful over time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: