Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Taking KM Training to the next Level.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    smart11222

Need advice on how to take your training to the next level. Been in KM for a year and would like to know what I should do to take it up a notch.
    Should I do more weights, running, or just more KM clases?

Re: Taking KM Training to the next Level.

You can check this site out, http://www.crossfit.com/

plus, you can go to multiple classes in a row, for endurance and mental training.

just some of my .02

jjk

How about telling us what you’re currently doing? What’s your schedule look like in terms of training? 3 times a week for an hour? 4 times a week? Whats up man?

mara-jade

jjk makes an excellent point. Kinda hard to answer you when we don’t know what you’ve been doing recently:D:

smart11222

Ok.

Train in level 1 & 2 4 times a week on average.
    May take both classes in one day 2x a week. At most
    8 hours of classes total a week.
    Do some treadmill work about 2 times a week.
    Some light weights.
    What I would like to know is what most guys are doing to lose weight and gain muscle.

hollywood

DIET. looks like you workout enough, so a clean diet and lots of protien will do it.

Proper eating habits is a key thing.

You should check into what many do which is the Zone diet.

Check out these links and read up on it. also check out

http://www.zoneliving.com
    (Zone Meal Plans) http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library/cfjissue21_May04.pdf

nixxon

Crossfit.com like Adam said… if thats too much for you simplefit.com is a sort of beginners approach to it.

Also to add to what both Adam and Nixxon have said, http://www.BrandXmartialarts.com has scaled down versions of crossfit for every level of fitness. Garddawg who posts on these forums often runs the site and could fill you in on any additional info.

Not sure this required a separate thread so I will add it here.

On Sherdog.com forums Bas Rutten states he is going to release a new workout system soon. Doesn’t say when this year but soon, so looking forward to what he will bring us.

I just recently got the original CD’s myself and after only a few workouts I’m loving it.

Can’t wait to see what else Bas has in store for us.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=714777

garddawg

simplefit.com is not a beginners approach to Crossfit. Scaled CrossFit is a beginners approach to CrossFit. Simplefit is a bodyweight workout guide. If you do not lift weight, light weight and heavy weights, your fitness and preparedness will have holes in it. We fail at the margins of our experience. When war, sport or life demands you move something heavy, you will likely fail if you have not trained it.

unstpabl1

quote smart11222:

Ok.

Train in level 1 & 2 4 times a week on average.
    May take both classes in one day 2x a week. At most
    8 hours of classes total a week.
    Do some treadmill work about 2 times a week.
    Some light weights.
    What I would like to know is what most guys are doing to lose weight and gain muscle.

what GD saidthumbsup. Years ago I was fortunate enough to train at Vince Girondas gym. He was a bodybuilding guru. He always said 85% of this is nutrition.

A number of years later, I proved this. Overweight I hit the gym. I worked out 6 days a week for 12 weeks. Hour and a half a day at least. No dietary changes. I never lost a pound and really made no improvement body wise.

frustrated as hell, I started Body For Life. my workouts were less than 45 minutes,3 days aweek and 20 minute 3 days a week and 1 off day both w/o and diet. I lost 25lbs in 6 weeks and was shredded

Nutrition is king. Workout is queen.

The thing about your post is that it doesn’t sound like you’ve defined for yourself what you want to accomplish. Taking krav to another level and losing weight and gaining muscle are 2 entirely different things. As an outside observer its easier to see. I’m as screwed up as yourofl2

you have to seriously look a your strengths and weaknesses,then decide what to focus your outside w/o’s on for a cycle of maybe 6-12 weeks. In krav terms maybe its youyr kicks, so you work on leg strength, flexibility andform. Grappling may require another focus. Strength, another. Then you focus on those areas. Bringing weakness up to your strengths.

Xfit is an excellent way to bring your overall game together.

If your looking to improve how you look, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, inspite of what some may say. Going on a 12 week cycle or so of Body For Life is an excellent approach. And you will make gains in strength and anerobic conditiuoning as well. Its effective,easy to follow and quick results.

The thing to me is that people get stuck in a rut doing the samething day in and out. It ends up being the path of least resistence. Thats one of the reasons a program like xfit or rosstraining.com is such a great path

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: