Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Teaching life skills while learning Krav Maga?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sinias

I work with youth in corrections and we teach a lot of life skills. I also know of some traditionsl (traditional setting) schools teach this to their youth. I was wondering if any of you instructors teach this? I think a lot of schools that have broken away from the traditional style of teaching have also turned away from this portion of the Martial Arts. I believe as an instructor it is his/her responsibility to teach their students these life skills.

I have also done some research and it seems traditional style of teaching also helps out ADD and ADHD youth. Not knocking non traditional schools for I am very none traditional myself but would like to see more of this in non traditional schools. Just a thought.

sip

Could you be a little more specific on life skills? I make a concerted effort to teach life skills like courtesy and perseverance to my students. I’m pretty sure KM-X, Krav for kids, emphasizes teaching life skills as well. As far as ADD/ADHD is concerned, any structured environment with clear goals can be helpful. Of course, it really comes down to the instructor and not the system.

glenngordon

Sinias,

Life Skills are an integral part of our cross training program. We focus on one each month and the students have a corresponding worksheet to complete and turn in as well.

We also make sure to talk about the Life Skills not only in class but how they also apply to other areas of their life such as school and home.

Glenn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: