Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Techniques – hard-to-master ones and extras

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The idea here is to hear what we – the students of krav maga have to say about the techniques we learn. Also, we may have some techniques we see work well together with krav maga we wanna tip others of. Perhaps you have added a bjj-sweep to a krav maga ground defense, or something like that…

I am aware a newbies, as I still consider myself for instance, view on the matter may be naive and totally change further up the learning-ladder. Still, I believe it is of interest to see where there are holes or should I say lack of confidence for some techniques.

Could be a great way for instructors to see where to put more emphasis. I don´t mean we are about to rip out stuff from curriculums – just pin out what we have hard to understand or make work for us personally. I am very confident in that what we learn is properly proven already to work “in battle” once you have it mastered. So, lets keep such controversy out.

So here we go, I start myself then:

Discarded ones: I have not gotten far in the KMG curriculum yet, so I have not found anything I believe I will “throw out” of my toolbox. When I started out though, I had a real hard time seeing how to make the basic inside defense work. That was a product of previous martial arts training… But now – it fits my game like a glove : )

New ones: Well, I am not rounded enough in any other MT to have much to add so far. I have my eyes on some stuff I have seen demonstrated by MCMAP like “neck crank takedown”. Does krav maga have some tech like that? If not, I wonder if it would not be a nice extra tool…

Lets hear your thougts!

Re: Techniques – new ones and discarded ones

Could admin help change the title of this thread? Tried but does not work… doh

Techniques – hard-to-master ones and extras

Same goes inside the thread, please change “discarded” and “new ones”.

Thnx…

leo86

Re: Techniques – hard-to-master ones and extras

This technique is called “bending”, a term borrowed from guitarists, who literally “bend” a string in order to create subtle changes in pitch. Using bending, a player can reach all the notes on the chromatic scale.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: