Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stephanie56

I have my level one test coming up and I am only allowed minimal carbohydrates for medical reasons right now – I know not exactly an ideal scenario. Luckily the worst of the switch is over after 4 weeks but nevertheless I am very worried how I can make it through that test without carbs/sugar. Does anybody have any advice or any ideas?

Re: Test without carbs

See if the Instructors would allow an alternate testing date. If carbs are a problem, I would imagine the energy expenditure you’ll go through will be worse than taking carbs in.

don

quote stephanie56:

I have my level one test coming up and I am only allowed minimal carbohydrates for medical reasons right now – I know not exactly an ideal scenario. Luckily the worst of the switch is over after 4 weeks but nevertheless I am very worried how I can make it through that test without carbs/sugar. Does anybody have any advice or any ideas?

My 2 pesos: IMO, “minimal carbohydrates for medical reasons” doesn’t give enough info for conjecture/conclusion – even if one of us on here reading your post knows exactly what your level one test will consist of AND is a legit doctor, he/she knows nothing about you, your medical condition(s), and how “ready” you are for the test, and exactly what you mean when you say “minimal carbohydrates” (what’s “minimal”?).

“make it through the test without carbs/sugar” suggests to me ZERO carbs/sugar which basically means to me that the only thing you can have is Water – is that what you mean to say? If so, what about afterwards? How are you going to replenish everything you use/burn during the test (or any physical activity for that matter)?

I would strongly recommend talking to the health care professional who is currently treating you and run things by him/her.

jjbklb

There are a number of complex carbs that you may be able to use:

Carbohydrates are organic compounds in tissues or food that can be broken down to be one of the main sources of energy for humans or animals. Classified as simple or complex, carbohydrates are mainly starches and sugars.

Simple carbohydrates consist of only one or two sugars and include foods such as white flour and fructose.
    Complex carbohydrates consist of three or more sugars and they are fiber-rich.
    Common Complex Carbohydrates
    Dairy

Low fat yogurt
    Skim milk
    Nuts, Seeds and Legumes

Lentils
    Kidney beans
    Chick peas
    Split peas
    Soy beans
    Pinto beans
    Soymilk
    Whole Grain Breads and Pastas

Breads and pastas made with the whole grains listed below provide more fiber resulting in feeling full sooner, and longer.
    Whole Grains

Buckwheat
    Brown rice
    Corn
    Wheat
    Barley
    Oats
    Sorghum
    Quinoa
    Fruits and Vegetables

Potatoes
    Tomatoes
    Onions
    Okra
    Dill pickles
    Carrots
    Yams
    Strawberries
    Peas
    Radishes
    Beans
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Green beans
    Zucchini
    Apples
    Pears
    Cucumbers
    Asparagus
    Grapefruit
    Prunes
    Consuming Complex Carbohydrates
    Consuming carbohydrates is important to ensuring the body has what it needs to operate at peak performance.

Here are some examples of the reasons to consume complex carbohydrates rather than their simple counterparts:

Keep the body fueled for an extended period of time

sugapablo

And you passed with flying colors. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: