Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    johnl-d11

Tonight at 6:15 starts our 3-3:30 long test. Can’t wait. 😀

mongo2k6

Re: Testing tonight

quote \”JohnL\:

Tonight at 6:15 starts our 3-3:30 long test. Can’t wait. 😀

Drink A LOT of water before the test and stay hydrated during the review.

I cramped up big time during my test which made the whole process seem like an eternity.

jburtonpdx

I tested with Johnl last night! It was tough, the only pieces I failed were groundwork movement, both on the back and side.

The parts I feel like I failed were that, getting up from the ground, and the headlock. I dont seem to be able to get my fingers in the correct spot to make that work.

Will work on them all – and focus on loosing some of this giant belly. If the next test is going to be any harder then that one, I will only survive it if I get rid of some of this belly….

Truly did feel like an accomplishment though. Just have to retest those 2 items.

Im sore
    jb

johnl-d11

It was fun wasn’t it?? We were only allowed 2 water breaks and it was pretty much run off the mat, get a drink and come right back. I got weighed before and after.. 185 before, 179 after!!! 😯 I thought I did pretty well on the ground turns since I was so soaked, it was easy to pivot but I guess since he failed everybody on it he wants us all to retake. It wasn’t THAT bad until we started the combos, then I made the mistake at looking at the clock and thinking, oh jesus, we’ve only been going for 35 mins (80 minute workshop, and the test was 90 mins long). In the end, I was physically and mentally drained, I took too much energry powder before the test so I was wide awake until about 3am last night. 😀

Cant wait for level 2 stuff.

jburtonpdx
    quote :

I took too much energry powder before the test so I was wide awake until about 3am last night

I was dragging and starting to fall asleep about 11 – went to bed and the entire test started replaying in my head… Did not fall asleep till after midnight….

Fun? hmm no – it was a good time though, I realy do feel like I accomplished something with that test.

badge54

I too tested with John and John. I am more sore today than I was yesterday. I weighed myself before at 220.5 and after at 218, but I stopped for a glass of water a powerbar two beers and some shrimp on the way home. I am looking forward to the next level.

Our whole class should be proud. We all prettymuch started as the program began at Gahanna Martial Arts and all passed. The fatigue really wore on my defenses and it was really ard to hold my hands up well into the third hour. Probably why I got caught in the mouth during inside defenses.

I have decided if I ever get into a fight that lasts that long again I’m shooting! 😆

Badge54

anonymous

I wonder what John is thinking about you testing with John and John…. 😉

jburtonpdx
    quote :

John is thinking about you testing with John and John….

Now I am just getting confused….

badge54

He wasn’t there but Sue was.

kravmdjeff

Badge…inside defenses are notoriously bad during any Level 1 test. Somehow it seems like people have a hard time reconciling very much aggression with a small, controlled movement.

badge54

I think my biggest problem at that point was just holding my arms up. I am not that bad in a normal class. My partner missed an inside defense and used the opposite arm by punching my bicep. I had to throw the next 6 or eight punches (feeds) to him with one arm while I was waiting for the other arm to come back.

3 days later I have light bruising on the surface but really tender underneath. Tonight we move to Level two. Hoping the workout loosens up some of the left over soreness,

Badge54

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: