Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

And it’s great!

The good people at UPS dropped off an Amazon box for me today full of “Krav Maga For Beginners”. All I can say is that this is as good an explaination of who we are and what we do as could have been put together.

The book lays out what Krav Maga is, where it came from, and what our core philosophy and principles are. There’s an excellent analysis of the physical and mental aspects of being involved in a violent encounter that should be manditory reading at every police academy in the country. A chapter also discusses women and self-defense (needless to say, I’ll be stealing that for my Wednesday night KM-PMS class!).

The book then goes through Krav Maga basics (warm-ups, training and conditioning), combatives, defensive tactics and groundfighting. The pictures and the explainations would allow someone with no previous training to get a good grasp of these basics.

Congratulations and thanks to Darren Levine, John Whitman and Ryan Hoover for this fantastic effort. I’ll be doing my best to ensure that my students will be ordering their own copies soon (so long as they don’t use them to correct me during class!). Well done!

mara-jade

Re: The book just showed up!

Oh dangit..wish the mailman was working today..hope it gets here tomorrow. I wanna read some before Saturday.

Good work Steve – rub it in:D:

michaelmall

Hey Steve you might want to use that book to defend yourself
    in your km-pms class.

tazz

Got my book today , Being new to Krav, level 1 this book is really going to help me alot . I cant put it down. I really liked the chapter Dealing Successfully with a Violent Encounter. Really easy to understand, cant wait to read it all.

mara-jade

YEEHA!! Mine came too. I hope I’m able to get the guys to sign Satthumbsup

mara-jade

Anyone need a 20% off coupon?:D:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/visitborders/

kvmorl

I have the Complete KravMaga book, bought it some time ago.

Where does Beginner KravMaga fall between these 2 books? Is it meant to be a new edition to the book i have or a lower beginner book?

ryan

CKM covers all of the curriculum through brown belt, and it is a great reference for people training in Krav Maga. That said, it lacks much of the detail important to a beginner in the system (or even an advanced student looking to be an instructor.) There are also some additional chapters (as Steve mentioned) addressing issues not addressed in CKM.

Hope this is of some help. Others who also have both books will hopefully chime in.

mara-jade

See if this helps any

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=3641

kior

One of my instructors had a copy which I flicked through yesterday (yes he’s IKMF!). It looked good and did go into more detail than the CKM book which I liked.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: