Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

Hey all –

Anyone watch \”The Contender\” tonight? I think it was on NBC. It may not have even been a \”new\” show, but I’d only recently heard about it (I don’t watch much TV) …

Anyway, the previews I saw made it look like a spinoff of The Ultimate Fighter – Specifically with boxing as opposed to MMA.

I’m a huge boxing fan and missed the show – Would love to know if it was any good.

Thanks,
    KJ
    8)

kirsten

It’s not new, I think this is season 2 or three. It actually was out before the Ultimate Fighter. I have always suspected that the MMA show was a spinoff of the Contender. I used to love to watch it and boxing in general… Then MMA came along and I stopped watching it.

njl

I watched it… I loved it because Boxing is my love, but the footage on the fights were lame. They didn’t show the entire fight and kept showing footage of the audience… at least on TUF, you get the entire fight.

kravjeff

Thanks – I actually caught the repeat late last night after I’d posted … Seems OK but I agree, the fight footage / sound effects, etc … was lame. More like watching a boxing movie.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: