Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics The hardest lesson to learn in Krav

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I used to think it was keeping up during the cardio and drills.
    I used to think it was the frustration of trying to perfect techniques.
    I now know it’s knowing when to take a step back and letting yourself heal a little. I’ve been struggling with a broken toe, hyperextended shoulder, micro tears in my Achilles Heel, and various other nagging aches and pains that seem to hang on me like invisible leeches. For the past couple of months I’ve found myself really struggling to ignore their collective voice. Some days have been easier than others. Some days have been downright agonizing and I’ve often wondered how the hell I even made it through the workouts (I also take another class that immediately follows Krav called Combative Tactics, a harsh half hour of cardio followed by intense techniques and throws).
    Is this common enough not to get upset about it when it happens?
    I want to make sure I don’t do permanent damage, but I also can’t stand not going to classes. I’m really starting to drop more weight and really getting toned. I don’t want to slip and have to bust my arse to get back again.

happyloaf

Re: The hardest lesson to learn in Krav

No it is hard but you need to listen to your body. If your injured then take a day or two off to heal. You might not be up for a full on krav work out but maybe a light swim or walk could help you get in a low impact workout and let your body heal.

I have a bad back that goes out 3-4 times a year but I know can recognize when it is starting to go out and I take a few days off of training and let it heal and then I’m back to normal. But if I don’t take time off training and push through the pain it will seize and I will be out for 2+ weeks waiting for it to heal.

I would recommend taking a day or two off to see if that helps the healing. I know if I train 3-4 days I HAVE to take a day off Krav and go to the pool.

Just my 0.02 cents

Good advice.
    And let me add: I’m not so obsessed that I believe missing a couple of classes is going I’ll blow up like a balloon and forget all I ever learned. I know it’s a mental thing (as well as a biochemical thing: the addiction and dependance on adrenaline, endorphones, etc., etc.). Just have to have that long talk with myself for my own good, I guess. HA!

bkl041018

I agree…… but the toughest lesson i recently learned from sparring is keep your “expletive” hands up!!! 😉

Yeah, I recently took a shot to the temple that left me reeling for a few minutes. Lesson learned: hands up, chin tucked, and shoulders up. I’ve also got a really bad habit of trying to swat kicks away, which means my hands drop…which means I get clocked by my partner every single time.

bracius

Not to far up….or you’ll have someone like me popping at your ribs. Its my favorite place to hit at the moment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: