Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sicpuppy

Who exactly, or anyone, actually owns the Krav Maga logo, the Kouf Mem within the circle?

Is this the one that Imi designed or used?

I seem to recall Levine suing over the usage, but I do not recall the full story.

kravandy

The Kouf Mem logo is a registered trademark of the Krav Maga Association of America.

sicpuppy

OK then… What logo did Imi use during his time? Does anyone know?

I am looking for a logo fo a tattoo, but not one that infringes on a particular affiliation.

kravandy

IKMA, Imi’s school, was the original creator of the Kouf Mem logo. When Darren Levine brought Krav Maga to the United States, he brought the kouf mem logo here and formed the Krav Maga Association of America which was granted exclusive rights to the kouf mem logo in the United States. Krav Maga Worldwide, as the exclusive school headed by Darren Levine and directly in Imi’s teaching lineage also has rights to the kouf mem. So if you want an Imi original logo, the kouf mem is it.

sicpuppy

I thought Imi created it. But I also thought i remembered Darren suing for the rights or something.

Kinda pissed me off because I really identify with that particular logo but there are no more KMW training sites near me so I am training under another affiliate now.

I was wanting to get a tattoo now that I have my blackbelt.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Do it!

kmyoshi

I don’t think anyone will sue you for having a tattoo of the logo. In fact, they might even thank you for the free advertising.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: