Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics These Folks Needed Krav Maga

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    greenbeanie

ìHe punched me directly in the face as hard as he could,” Jenna said.

She said she started to fall to the ground, but was grabbed by one of her friends, named Scott, who laid her on the ground. Seconds later, the men attacked Scott and a second man, named John, Jenna said. John was punched, knocked unconscious and was lying on the street being kicked and punched by the men, who continued to shout the antigay slur, Jenna said.

Click here for full story.

Re: These Folks Needed Krav Maga

“It wasn’t a fair fight at all, he said. “None of us are big, muscly guys or into karate or something like that.’’

Krav Maga: For when the fight isn’t fair.

uncleruckus

Jeez, that sucks. Can an instructor or somebody with higher level experience answer this for me… Does Krav teach how to use weapons or just to defend against them? For anybody in LA, yes I missed both summer camp and the handgun seminar, so I apologize for my ignorance. I can definitely see the value of knowing both unarmed self defense and knowing how to handle a weapon. I can imagine situations where going hand to hand would be a bad idea, just like there are times when drawing isn’t the best solution.

I’ve been into firearms since before I got into KM so my first thought was “if only one of them was armed,” and since it was gay-bashing the group Pink Pistols comes to mind. I’m not trying to start a martial arts vs. firearms debate, because I can see the value in being well-rounded in various forms of self defense. I’m just wondering what the higher level KM curriculum is like when it comes to weapons.

ffdo1234

KM does teach use of weapons though I have not seen it in standard classes. If you are LE or military, weapons training is integrated.

You can do this to an extent on your own by practicing with your weapon in your strong hand. I do my “close” shooting in a KM stance.

JC

michaelmall

I see a lot of situations that could have been handled
    with krav maga.Saw a video of a girl in a family owned
    store get beat in the head with a hammer.When the
    assailant started it showed her one step away from a move
    that could have saved her a lot of pain.

thecrownsown

quote UncleRuckus:

I’ve been into firearms since before I got into KM so my first thought was “if only one of them was armed,” and since it was gay-bashing the group Pink Pistols comes to mind. I’m not trying to start a martial arts vs. firearms debate, because I can see the value in being well-rounded in various forms of self defense. I’m just wondering what the higher level KM curriculum is like when it comes to weapons.

If one of them was armed, couldn’t it have been far worse? suddenly assaults become deaths….

smokelaw1

quote TheCrownsOwn:

If one of them was armed, couldn’t it have been far worse? suddenly assaults become deaths….

Sure, it COULD have. And maybe fighting back just would have made the assailants angrier, and they would have been hurt worse…but that is not the rationale with which I would approach the topic. Defensive weapons, be they firearms, knives, sprays, or training SD such as Krav, should all be considered as viable options in one’s right to defend oneself against assault.

thecrownsown

quote smokelaw1:

Sure, it COULD have. And maybe fighting back just would have made the assailants angrier, and they would have been hurt worse…but that is not the rationale with which I would approach the topic. Defensive weapons, be they firearms, knives, sprays, or training SD such as Krav, should all be considered as viable options in one’s right to defend oneself against assault.

I guess it depends on where you are (legal jurisdiction), and the reasonable response required to defend yourself. Firearms bring a whole new aspect to the issue…

uncleruckus

quote TheCrownsOwn:

Not automatically. Just drawing on somebody might be enough to scare them away and it saves you the bruises from beating the crap out of them. I didn’t want to get into the merits of one form of self defense vs. another, since IMO these two complement each other nicely. But about the “deaths” part, if you are defending yourself you have to ensure the threat is eliminated with whatever weapons you have. Some of the self-defense stuff I’ve seen so far is capable of fatally injuring somebody, and if I need to take somebody’s life while defending myself, my fiancee, my family, etc. then it will happen whether it’s via a firearm, my hands, a brick, a chair, or whatever.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: