Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics This is becoming disturbing…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The more I read and read about the martial arts schools here in America the more I find that it honestly just makes me a little sick.. Over and over again I hear about seemingly corrupt instructors and owners that charge for every little thing. At my schools its a flat cost, 100 a month, 50 for testing (This is a independant Taekwondo/weeping style jujitsu school. Of course you have to buy your own pads and the initial sign up is 100 plus first month (200) but that includes uniform.

If I had my own school I would try my hardest to teach as many as I could. No matter the profit. If I could I would do it for free. Infact I do teach my girlfriend and one of my friends krav for free. Im not certified but im not misleading them. They know Im not any more than someone who is good at martial arts and can learn very well from books and youtube and a few trys of my own.

But back to it, I just read that someone on here is asked to pay two hundred and fifty EXTRA dollars just to spar, which is apparently not part of the normal class.

Usually I try to follow the wisdom of my elders and I used to have alot of respect for ALL martial arts instructors but now I see that many of them need a serious lesson in morality. Now I know when I get my own school to teach in I cant just follow the examples of other schools.. I will have to take it a level above all in the land that I can see.

No offense to truly respectable instructors.

Re: This is becoming disturbing…

pay extra for sparring? that’s crazy, man.

mara-jade

Holy crap – pay for sparring separate? Um, hello that’s part of curriculum from Level 2 onwards..geez. My center has had separate fight classes but that’s all part of the km membership. We have 2 types – those who just wanna take the fitness classes and those who want the whole enchilada.

What’s this buying your own pads? You don’t mean like the tombstone and banana bags?:confused:

That school sounds awful fishy to me.

That’s lame and wrong. What good is self-defense if you’re not doing it in a real-time environment sparring? My school is flat rate, we buy our own stuff but its by no means extortion. That’s why my buddy and I are setting up a sparring club at our school, so people can come in a safe environment and practice what they learn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: