Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Thoughts on keysi fighting method (kfm)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rockstar815

I’m new to krav maga been thinking about joining it and probably will end up joining next spring but I’ve been doing kfm for about 3 years now and I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are about it. How closely compared is it to krav maga? What you guys think is better? Just wondering what you guys think about kfm?

traveler

Re: Thoughts on keysi fighting method (kfm)

Did a seminar with lead instructor a few years ago in South Florida. I personally liked it. Was comfortable to me, I like elbows, breaks, good old dirty close quarter fighting. Kinda wish there was a location close by to train with. 5 1/2 years of constant Krav Maga always looking to expand tool box.

rockstar815

Yea i Like KFM, i think it can be really effective and from what ive researched and learned about Krav Maga, Krav and KFM both use a lot of the same strikes and defenses although kfm has a whole different blocking method then krav they both use a lot of elbows and just anything that works to defend yourself

gatorboy

quote Rockstar815:

Yea i Like KFM, i think it can be really effective and from what ive researched and learned about Krav Maga, Krav and KFM both use a lot of the same strikes and defenses although kfm has a whole different blocking method then krav they both use a lot of elbows and just anything that works to defend yourself

Actually, I feel the defenses couldn’t be further apart. I think KFM has some very good strikes but I am not a fan of how they cover there heads etc… for defense. This is not a good idea for knife and stick. I like the 360 blocks better or even the good ole bob and weave, but covering up in a knife to the head means wearing that knife in your ear. That aside they both indend to destroy the opponent as quickly as possible, however I don’t know how tested the KFM system is.

traveler

Lets be honest all knife defenses increase your odds of survival, some being better than others. Different tools for different situations. Someone slashing or stabbing has bad intentions written all over them- if possible I’ll opt for some high speed Nike defense if I don’t have an adequate 22+ feet to draw,aquire,drop the lunatic. Worst case scenario I have to test muscle memory for my life. Training don’t fail me now.

BTW- KFM has been tested and IMHO it appears to work. I saw Batman take down Scarecrow, Joker, and I hear he took care of Baine as well… but I can’t confirm Baine because I have yet to see it for myself.

hicklinc

quote GatorBoy:

Actually, I feel the defenses couldn’t be further apart. I think KFM has some very good strikes but I am not a fan of how they cover there heads etc… for defense. This is not a good idea for knife and stick. I like the 360 blocks better or even the good ole bob and weave, but covering up in a knife to the head means wearing that knife in your ear. That aside they both indend to destroy the opponent as quickly as possible, however I don’t know how tested the KFM system is.

I believe that the cover your head is only for hand to hand defense and since kfm comes from Filipino martial arts I have faith in its weapon defenses if I were to use any style for knife defense it would be fma

revobuzz

I went to a class a few years ago, just to check it out. I really liked it. It had a Krav feel in that it was partner based not trad MA. Lots of emphasis on reality.

There was a lot of emphasis on the “thinking man” elbow head protection which was good and I could see me using it in a real fight but may leave your chest etc a bit open if rely on it too much.

Some of the stuff I’ve seen on internet looks a bit less practical than the stuff I did in the class, but hey that’s the internet!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: