Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Throat techniques in Krav

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

Still level 1 but not seen any throat shots.
    What kind does krav teach.

From what I read the knife ridge to the throat and web of hand are very popular and effective.

Ridge is the pinky side area below finger base. and web is of course the skin between thumb and index.

dragon174

Re: Throat techniques in Krav

How long have you been training and how many classes have you taken? You should learn finger tip strike in level one, but it may not be taught as a strike to the throat. It may be taught as eye strke, but it also applies to the throat. Just understand that when you reduce the size of your target area, you also reduce your chance of sucess.

phlegmon27

thumbsupTake any KM strike, and put it on someone’s throat thumbsup

lions2011

The throat strikes are really weak and poor . So far I learned the finger strike to throat as a stop gap. I was disappointed.
    You want real throat attacks go to youtube and check out Combat Jiujitsu under Stevenson. Those are real throat attacks. Web strikes and knife hand are far more effective tools.

tomo

quote lions2011:

The throat strikes are really weak and poor . So far I learned the finger strike to throat as a stop gap. I was disappointed.
    You want real throat attacks go to youtube and check out Combat Jiujitsu under Stevenson. Those are real throat attacks. Web strikes and knife hand are far more effective tools.

From what I understand; in Krav those come a little bit later than where you and I are currently at.

lions2011

You can get those tecnqiues off youtube.
    Best way to get them.
    The Web hand and throat chop are 2 classics. Along with the ear Slap and finger to the eyes.

jasjotbains

You can also check out the videos of front choke,and how to get out of it,on youtube..this one came handy for my girl some time back..poor guy who grabbed her throat 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: