Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shawnruddy

Greetings all.
    I’m a newbie to KM about 4 weeks into it. During a Circut Training on Saturday I blocked wrong twice on a round kick shin block and it struck my big toe on my left foot twice. It’s a bit black and blue, but I don’t think anything is broken. I would seek medical attention for it but being that I am one of the millions in the US that doesn’t have heath insurance. I don’t want to go to a health clinic just to tell me I have a bad sprain and to stay of my foot at the cost of $300 plus.

So is there any way I can wrap up my foot so I can attend class on tues or weds? I want to keep up with my classes, 1 because I’m paying money to go to calsses, and 2 I’ve finally quit smoking and am on day 8 of that and the Krave Classes keep me on the straight and norrow.

I’m really bummed about this because jogging is off limits for me now and pretty much stuck to riding bicycle and static execises. I’ve toned up, and gained good strength so much in the past month I just don’t want to start to loose it.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Toe Injury

You can try and tape it but if it hurts to walk it will hurt to kick pads. Toe injuries (like fingers) just take time heal. The harder you work them the longer it will take…broken or not broken.

Sorry it sucks, but on the bright side you learned a very valuable lesson about kicking.

oh yeah Ice and ibuprofen for swelling…unless you got something better

mara-jade

I agree with Tiger. If it hurts that much, let it heel and don’t take chances. Class will be there next time. Not having insurance does suck..was there not too long ago.

Take care

silas

Hello,
    Give it time man, some pain is ok to work through but things need to heal. I’ve always taken time to let some healing take place and never regreted it. Just comming off a short break after tearing the nail off my big toe (not fun). I know it’s tough not to train, but it’s better for you in the long run. If it’s just a toe, avoid the stuff that hurts it directly, if it’s a break try to protect it for at least a few weeks.

endy22

During a Circut Exercising on Weekend I clogged incorrect twice on a circular punch leg prevent and it hit my big toe on my remaining feet twice. It’s a bit dark and red, but I don’t think anything is damaged. I would search for treatment for it but being that I am one of the large numbers in the US that doesn’t have heath insurance coverage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: