Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Took the level 1 test

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kms1974

I took the level 1 test yesterday….Just getting the energy to write about it today..lol

It was tough!

mara-jade

Re: Took the level 1 test

Congrats on making it through!!! I know the pain – hubby and I took our level 3 test yesterday – bring on the painkillers:woohoo:rofl2

kms1974

Tell me about it, I’m sore in places I didn’t think possible.

Congrats!

What all did the level one test involve?

kms1974

It started with a pretty vigourous worm-up, then we went into level 1 striking, inside/outside defenses, choke defenses..etc. Then for good measure he threw in some drills.

by the way, I just found out I passed:woohoo:

mara-jade

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: WAY TO GO!!:beer:

bpeeps

Long time lurker, yet first time poster. I took my level one test back in July..(and incentally I took it while sick b/c I didn’t want to forego the opportunity and I felt like I was really ready for it).

It was the single most difficult physical test of endurance I’ve ever put myself through…I used to run marathons and the 5 hour test was worse than that because we had no control…we got to drink water when the instructors allowed…we got to rest when the instructors allowed.

It truly is a sense of accomplishment just to get through it. And, well, I passed, so that made it even better.

That being said, I think I’ll savor it for awhile….I am in no hurry to test again anytime soon.

And Mara Jade…you’re the consummate cheerleader! Your enthusiasm in your posts is awesome and I always enjoy reading your words of encouragement!

mara-jade

Welcome BPeeps!

Congrats on passing!

You’re most kind – I thought about mentioning our level 3 test here earlier but every time before the test got close, SOMETHING happened. Surgery, sick, etc. I figured why tempt fate this time:D:. Besides, after we’d made our intentions known, we couldn’t back out as all our instructors knew. It was like ‘they’re FINALLY gonna test?’rofl2rofl2

Yeah, our level 1 test was 5 hours – 1/2 way we got like 2 minutes I think to change shirts, drink water – mine was soaking wet (just like on Sat-LOL). Level 2 – same thing and sparring at the end..Yikes. Honestly, I don’t spar well – there! I finally said it. I got pounded Saturday. We dunno if we passed but we’re not gonna worry about it anymore.

Yeah, enjoy the moment, train well and your gut will say when you’re ready to test. It ain’t no race:wav: I should know rofl2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: