Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Training with Injured Ankle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kmcat

Well, I’m trying not to be depressed and am thinking about how to carry on.

Last week on a ski trip with my son I had a bad ankle sprain. The doctor I saw today is talking about me staying off it for 6 weeks. And then very limited use of it after that for several more weeks.

I don’t know how possible it is to keep up any training. I’m thinking it might be possible to do some routines in fitness class that don’t stress the ankle or put weight on it — lots of upper body, and abs.

On the good side I will be getting a lot of upper body work with my crutches.

Thoughts, and opinions welcome….

taikei

I had a severe sprained ankle and attended just about every KM class, and got me into orange belt test. I was crazy enough to proceed.

Some times the best treatment is done by doing what you like the most.

Having said that, I wouldn’t recommend other than to rest.

I remember taping my ankle before each class.

emil

two things: a \”sprained\” ankle means that you tore ligaments in the ankle to help to provide it stability. you must let it heal.
    taping has been shown to loose it’s effectiveness after 30 minutes of application, due to sweat, the material in tape etc. also, it’s a pretty specific skill that takes practice.

you can try to non weight bearing stuff with upper body/core muscles. pull ups, push ups etc. try to get some ideas from bodyweighttraining.com and also ross enamait has come stuff. also ask your doc if swimming might be ok. you can always use your arms only.make sure you get PT to help the healing along.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: