Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Training with your mind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kostenko

Well i’ve just started KM classes and allready feel its tough and i love it.
    I’m training with other addicts who like to make it very realistic in training.
    Just a little touch with my fist in one of my training partners eye made me aware of how important it is to be safe with eachother.
    Yesterday someone smashed my fist with his feet, and someone landed a fist against my nose and chin.

So how do you guys keep it save but very realistic..

Take care
    Marcel

bear34

Re: Training with your mind

Welcome Marcel. Frankly, I live in more fear of Newbies than muggers. Overzealous newcomers have in the past poked me in the eyes and kicked me in the knees, both of which could have caused serious injuries. SLOW DOWN. Concentrate on doing any given technique correctly. This will build skill and muscle memory. The speed in which you react will increase as you get more comfortable. Be especially carefull during stress drills as this is where lack of control gets people dinged up. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, “If people get hurt working with you, no one will want to work with you.”

kostenko

Thx Bear, i will slow myself and trainingpartners down since i wanna keep them in training and have fun together.

unstpabl1

Slow is Smooth. Smooth is fast.

Most adults want to run before they can crawl in any new endeavor. Krav tends to focus on aggression. The downside of that is control and foundation can get lost early. Its harder to correct structual flaws later than to learn them right in the first place. I’m not saying this is a krav thing necessarily as its in all with beginners just that the class structure tends to be high speed. Same with MT

Focusing on the foundation or the fundamentals isn’t sexy or fun or easy with peer pressure but you’ll develope faster.

In the end the difference between a pro in anything and an amatuer is better fundamentals and more attention to details. takes a lot of discipline not to get caught up in what the other guy is doing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: