Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    crash20

I was on my way home after the Wednesday night white/yellow belt class, taking the train home. When out of no where two guys from opposite ends of the train started yelling the N word at each other. I was not too worried as I have seen this before and since the train was in motion there was little I could do. I’m guessing most people felt the same way as none of them moved or did anything either. The few times I have seen this before the guys usually go in opposite directions while still yelling at each other. This time however within a min. or so of calling each other the N word they crossed the distance of the car and attacked one another. I was seated and this took place two my left right over me. There was no space between them they did not try to make space or keep a distance between them. There was no posturing beyond the N word thing. They did not put their hands up and take a stance of any kind. It was more like one of those hockey fights you see on youtube. They each, from what I could see, grabbed the other guys shirt pulled back their free arms and started punching. They aimed for the face not the body. There were no kicks or shoves. They started to fall towards me. I put out my hands and rolled them over me and passed the woman sitting next to me. They now stumbled towards the door in the middle of the car. The people on the train looked as if they were dealing with the vacuum of space. In other words by the time the first punch was thrown every person in the car had been almost magically sucked towards the perimeter of the train giving these guys space. One of them got the other one pinned against the car door and it got quite bloody. Eventually two women started screaming for them to stop. The guys paused and then they went into posturing mode. People were able to get them to stop and sit down. The train then pulled into the next station. However the doors would not open. No one on the platform seemed to know what was going on. They looked in the window and saw the blood and made faces as if they were watching television or some thing on their smartphones. At some point some people did manage to get to the next car and I assume they somehow contacted the MTA. The police did arrive and went to the car just beyond us again I assume to figure out what was going on. At this point I got off the car and on to the another one as did most everyone, so I have no idea what the outcome was. It was just all weird nothing like I have imagined. It was fast and furious. There was very little time to think things out for them or for us. I alway thought the hardest part would be to get your hands up, now I am not sure. I also use to think of it as one bad person against a nice or innocent person a victim. But of course if you are defending yourself effectively you may not appear to be a victim or helpless and I guess you don’t wish to appear that way at least to your attacker. At any rate I feel like it was ,as odd as this is to say, a valuable experience that left me thinking about things more than freaked out.

maddogmean

Re: trouble on the train

Crazy experience. Good to hear no one outside of the guilty parties was hurt in the exchange.

don

Re: trouble on the train

Bill Burr on taking the subway… 😀
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/z49k26/stand-up-bill-burr–subway

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: