Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge UFC 76 (SPOILER)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Wow, great fights, some amazing upsets! First Griffin chokes out Shogun with 15 seconds left, then Chuck gets beat by Jardine. Wanderlei Silva didn’t look too happy about it. That was going to be a big fight between him and Chuck. I wonder what they will do now and who will get to fight Silva.

Jardine’s leg kicks were great. Looked like Chuck may have gotten hurt by those early on and was reluctant to attack, because almost each time he did, he got some more kicks smashing his legs and ribs. Almost got knocked out again by a punch, too. Could it be that he is vulnerable, because he has a habit of holding his hands so low?

The other matches were good, too. Forrest did a great job and there was a lot of good groundfighting in many of the fights.

I also heard the commentator mention that it might be a good idea to get away from the ten point scoring system and maybe adopt another one more suitable for this type of martial art. I thought that was an interesting idea and I wonder if they will ever implement it.

giant-killer

Hmmm, I’m having trouble with my own poll. Chuck/Silva would have been good, but Chuck blew it. Jardine/Silva might not sound so interesting. Silva is new to the UFC, so he couldn’t really fight for the title right away, excluding Rampage. Shogun lost, so it may be between Forrest and Tito. Tito/Silva may sell more tickets, but Forrest would deserve a shot.

On a sidenote, interesting that so far PRIDE fighters haven’t fared so well at the UFC. Seems as though the cage and the different rules take more getting used to than they might have anticipated.

stevetuna

Silva sure looked like a guy who had just watched his wallet get lightened up a whole lot by Keith Jardine!

Props to the Dean of Mean and to Forrest – they both had great fighting spirit. That was a great night of fights. No wonder boxing is a thing of the past.

g-v

Re:

Whoops, double post.

I wanna see Tito vs. W. Silva, btw.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

On a sidenote, interesting that so far PRIDE fighters haven’t fared so well at the UFC. Seems as though the cage and the different rules take more getting used to than they might have anticipated.

Yup, especially the different rules. Watching those Shogun highlights from Pride, holy smokes, that’s some brutal shit!…essentially a street brawl in a boxing ring. I could see how someone who’s used to jump-stomping and face-kicking a downed opponent would have a hard time adjusting to NOT doing so.

Forrest Griffin was awesome, btw! It’s so cool to witness his progression since his TUF finale battle with Bonnar.

Chuck seemed devastated after his loss to Jardine. He could have had a better showing, especially in light of all the pre-fight hype laid on him by Joe Rogan. I’m disappointed. Jardine was great, though. He really did prove himself to be a superior mma’ist to Chuck, well, at least his stand-up proved more complete to Chuck’s. I loved the kicks, and did you notice the front kicks he attempted? Nice.

g-v

Anyone care to make a prediction about Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera?
    How about the Silva vs. Rich Franklin rematch?

I’ve got Sylvia by ko, Franklin by decision. But hey, it’s mma, anything could happen.

g-v

How ’bout that fight night thing on Spike last wednesday, did y’all catch Chris Leben zombie walk thru some serious head strikes and ko Terry Martin? That was epic!!! Chris Leben, I heart you, ya know, in a manly man sorta way. 😆

bradm

I don’t think Chris Leben new what happened until it was over. He got clocked pretty good by Terry, just before he knocked him out. I think chris was dazed pretty good and just reacted and KO’d Terry Martin.

g-v

Oh yeah, he was definitely rocked by Martin. That’s what makes the ko so cool…everybody thought it was about to go the other way.

giant-killer

Damn, I keep missing the SPIKE fights. Will there be a repeat?

emil

Re:

quote \”G.V.\:

Anyone care to make a prediction about Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera?
    How about the Silva vs. Rich Franklin rematch?

I’ve got Sylvia by ko, Franklin by decision. But hey, it’s mma, anything could happen.

I say vera by ko, silva by another brutal ko.

resqr1

Vera by TKO

Franklin by KO

Anybody BEATING Sylvia makes for a good fight.

ryan

I’m not sure why anyone would want to see Tito fight, other than just to see Tito. Since 2003, he’s beat a shot Ken Shamrock two times, lost to Randy once and Chuck twice, won a controversial decision to Forrest, and had a draw with Evans.

I don’t see Chuck having but one or two decent fights left in him (if that.) He’s a counter puncher, who relies heavily on timing, accuracy, and reflexes. His age will effect his style much more so than someone like Randy (who also trains way beyond what Chuck does.) BTW, this is no knock on Chuck, who I happen to like a lot. It’s just the way I see it.

giant-killer

I guess Tito was a champion for a long time, so his name can still draw some crowds.

As for Chuck, it’s true, he’s mostly a counterpuncher and maybe that’s what cost him in the fight. If he could have mixed it up some more, maybe grab a leg and go for a takedown, work on the ground, maybe he could turned things around. But I suppose he doesn’t train much in groundfighting, other than defensively and trying to get back up, so there was no way to surprise Jardine with a sudden move. Jardine knew he probably wouldn’t go for a takedown, so he could just throw all of those kicks without worry.

I wonder who they will select for Wanderlei now. We should probably find out soon.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

I’m not sure why anyone would want to see Tito fight, other than just to see Tito.

I want to see him fight you, Ryan. 😆

But yes, anyways, I don’t see how Tito vs. Wanderlei would be a lame fight. If sayin that makes me the biggest Tito nut-rider on this message board, oh well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: