Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

Lots of good fights last night … Personal fave (at least the way it ended) was Sell vs. Smith …

Smith took a devastating body shot that looked like it might end the fight, and when Sell came in to finish it, he took a wicked overhand right to end the fight. AWESOME!!!

anonymous

Damn. Missed it. Gotta look for the repeat.

lazlo

The knock out was incredible…BUT it was almost staged looking…the only saving grace was I don’t think they looked like they were acting. I kept looking at their faces to see if they were smirking.
    The high-fives were getting lame real fast.
    Go Matt S.!

unstpabl1

I don’t have cable but would get it just fpor the UFC stuff.I’m a very late convert. About 6 months ago,I found Ultimate Fighter 1 fot $10 at a used dvd store.Been hooked since.A friend of my records alot of the spike tv stuff and i end up with it.Its great,though i haven’t seen a Pride event yet.MMA are already starting to outdraw boxing events.Not sure what the betting action is like or how the odds are made,which with the unpredictability of thesec events seems like a nightmare to figure out for the book.Once thats figured out the sports page will start reporting it.It’ll be huge.Betting fuels sports

usnavy-233

Even though I was rooting for Pete Sell, I have to give it up to Smith for fighting through that body shot and catching sell while he was coming in. Beautiful example of the mentality you need to win a conflict. Granted, it wasn’t life or death, but when he was hurt, it kept fighting until the threat waws gone. Good stuff.

I was also rooting for Matt Serra and I’m glad he one. Unfortunately, I don’t think he’s even close to being ready to fight GSP or Matt Hughes. He better train HARD before he gets in the ring with one of them.

unstpabl1

Well there you go,just saw my first mma article in the LA times.Showtime is starting a mma circuit to compete against the UFC.This should be fun to watch as the money pours into the sport.Can the UFC compete against the cash cow that is Showtime,interesting developement and you think these guys were roiding before.
    mike

lazlo

Roiders are such losers. They have to test the crap out of these guys or else everyone will think it’s a spectacle and not a sport.

kravjeff

Agree – I’d hate to see it turn into the WWF / TNA ect !!!

prekarious1

Now that they have had 2 big names in UFC test positive I bet they are cracking down a lot harder. Probably even looking at what products the sponsers are giving the athletes (xience and the type). They had one champion lose a belt because of this crap and had to change a fight card last minute because of the other. Not always the easiest thing to do. These are the only instances that I know of but sure there is one or two more that because had no major impact on the corporation didn’t make the news.

unstpabl1

My understanding is a couple of the pride guys got nailed in Nevada as well.It makes sense to do and lets face it these guys are not going to have long careers to begin with its too hard on the body.And how do these guys recover from the training sessions which look bruttal from what i’ve seen then fight 4xs a year or more.Muay thai guys fight alot 300xs in a career,but they start young and i don’t think as bruttal as it is it comes close to being as demanding as mma.Gladiators anyone 😆
    mike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: