Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Ultimate KM versus Mastering KM DVD’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    celtickm

Hi,

I would have posted this in the Video forum but since it’s entitled “A place to see KMWW Videos” I have placed it here and also for extra footfall too I guess.

Just wondering has anyone seen both these DVD sets, Ultimate KM from Eyal and Mastering KM from David Khan?

They both come quite high in the ratings on Amazon and I am torn between the two sets.

Leaving all affiliations aside can anyone recommend one over the other?

Cheers

rickprado

Re: Ultimate KM versus Mastering KM DVD’s

quote CelticKM:

Hi,

I would have posted this in the Video forum but since it’s entitled “A place to see KMWW Videos” I have placed it here and also for extra footfall too I guess.

Just wondering has anyone seen both these DVD sets, Ultimate KM from Eyal and Mastering KM from David Khan?

They both come quite high in the ratings on Amazon and I am torn between the two sets.

Leaving all affiliations aside can anyone recommend one over the other?

Cheers

I have David’s set, know him and have trained with him and most people on this forum will tell you his DVD’s are top notch.

I’ve never seen Eyal’s but have only heard good things about his skill level and instruction, he was after all, one of Imi’s top black belts.

I won’t buy Eyal’s because I have David’s and only so much money to spend on Krav Maga DVD’s……

I will tell you that David’s was originally intended for instructor review, which adds a lot of detailed explanation involved.

Flip a coin I guess, you can’t go wrong with either.

esquire32

I have the Ultimate Krav Maga series and they are top notch. John Whitman and other top instructors are within that series teaching various aspects. I intend on getting David Kahn’s at some point.

lennykravitz

I’ve seen both and bought David’s — take from that what you will. Both top knotch DVDs, but Mastering covers a lot more and is better value.

Affiliations: mine, ikmf

celtickm

Great, thank you for the replies, very helpful.

As a follow up question I suppose. Do you guys just watch these dvds and not act them out or do you maybe try these moves slowly on a partner or alone at home?

bear34

quote lennyKRAVitz:

I’ve seen both and bought David’s — take from that what you will. Both top knotch DVDs, but Mastering covers a lot more and is better value.

Affiliations: mine, ikmf

I have David’s as well and think it’s as good as it gets. However, I believe the OP is a KMG student and may be closer to his actual curriculum with Eyal’s DVDs(if he will be testing.)

lennykravitz

quote bear34:

I have David’s as well and think it’s as good as it gets. However, I believe the OP is a KMG student and may be closer to his actual curriculum with Eyal’s DVDs(if he will be testing.)

Good point, KMG has also got the p1-5 level DVDs if that’s the case.

As a kravist, it’s great to get material from a number of reliable sources to enhance your understanding of KM…

danielos

I haven’t seen the DVDs of David Kahn yet, but I can assure you the Ultimate Krav Maga DVD series are top notch. Every technique gets explained very well and is shown from different sights. Also the fact that the DVD includes a few top instructors like Eyal, John Whitman and Amnon Darsa.

chris-love

The Ultimate KM series is great. I have been using them to train while here in Afghanistan. Awesome!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: