Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Ultimate Martial Arts

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    keeiii

I trained for a year and a half with George at Ultimate Martial Arts. George is the real deal; He was a full contact fighter. He was also a bouncer for sometime. Plus the Special Forces were he was first introduced to Krav Maga from the Israeliís. When George says something works or does not work you can believe it because he has done it. I have a son who is 17 and two daughters 21 and 19 we have all trained for 10 years, in karate and all agree that George is by far the best and most fun instructor we have ever trained with for many reasons. To pass on a chance to train with George to go another school in Chicago area would be a BIG mistake. I am not saying he is the toughest or the best instructor, thatís what makes Krav Maga so great, once you know the move you can teach the move, its that simple.
    In my opinion the school is very expensive. I have not resigned up because of a few small injuries. The price just makes it prohibitive unless I know I will be able to attend at least two classes a week. My year contract expired 1 day before the lvl 2 test; if my son and I passed we would have been lvl 3ís. The owner of the school would not let us test unless I resigned at that time. Bummer
    I truly miss the class

kravjeff

Thanks for everyone’s input – I’m going to try to make a couple of classes while there – If you see a \”new guy\” in class from Denver, introduce yourselves!!

tank-sinatra

Andrei Arlovski trains BJJ there.

kravjeff

😯 Sweeeeet 8)

I actually have a friend who lives outside of Chicago, and knows Stephen Bonner fairly well. While he doesn’t train with him, they do train at the same place. Be nice to be able to pick the brains of one of those guys!

keeiii

Andrei Arlovski trains BJJ at ìPOWî. He is not in a Krav Maga class. They have many different types of classes there. Its kind of funny I saw one of the head instructors on TV doing a demo, showing Krav Maga techniques and saying it was her self defense class without ever mentioning Krav Maga or wearing the clothes. Its as if she invented this new system.

kravjeff

OK – I didn’t make it to training because of the meeting I’m attending … I’m gonna go out on a limb – I need someplace to watch Ortiz v Shamrock tonight … If anyone can recommend a place to watch it I’d really appreciate it (hotel doesn’t have SPIKE). Post or call me 303-478-7818.

Thanks

jl

Kjeff,
    Ask the concierge if there is a sports bar close by. They should have Spike, and they can bring bodies in to watch a free UFC style fight. Just a thought, good luck! 🙂 Shamrock gets KO’ed in rd 1. MHO

anonymous

So, what happened with the fight? Who won? Will it be repeated?

freelancer

Ortiz beat Shamrock (Again) Knock out, first round. It was the worst and quickest fight of the night. Ortiz got Shamrock on the ground and started beating his ass (again)

The other fights were far more entertaining.

jl

Guess I should have placed a sizable bet on Ortiz. 😥 Liked all of it except the antics after he knocked Shamrock out (giving the one finger salute 😯 ). Be humble after victory must not have been taught to this young man when he was little. But at least he apologized after the gaff!
    Kendall Groves looked very good. Put time in the gym that paid hi-dividends. 😉

anonymous

Tomorrow is another UFC. Does anyone know if it will be repeated on cable? That’s the good thing about boxing PPV, they are usually shown for free (or sort of for free, on premium cable) a week later.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: