Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Um, I think the KM Black Belt books gonna be a little late..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Amazon had a deal on both the KM Black Belt and Beginner books so I took it. Last I’d read it be around October..Ok, no biggie.

I get this from Amazon today..Anyone know if this is really accurate..Dang..:tantrum:

Darren Levine (Author), Ryan Hoover (Author) “Black Belt Krav Maga:
    Elite Techniques of the World’s Most Powerful Combat System”
    [Paperback]
    Estimated arrival date: 03/11/2009 – 03/17/2009

ETA- The Beginner book is still estimated to ship in October if anyone’s waiting on that one.

ETA – I’m NOT mad at Darren nor Ryan – just wondering why such a delay?

ryan

Re: Um, I think the KM Black Belt books gonna be a little late..

Well, there are actually a few main reasons. I don’t want to make excuses, but it is what it is, and MJ asked. 🙂

One, the BB book was never supposed to come out first. That wasn’t correct, and I’m not sure why it was listed that way.

Two, none of us are full time authors. We all have “real” jobs (or two.)

Three, I am 3000 miles and a few time zones away, so coordination is often difficult.

Finally, part of the way through the project, John Whitman became involved again with it. Ultimately, this is a great thing, and it will speed things up in the long run (especially for the BB book), but it initially slowed things just a bit.

Does that answer it for you? 😉

mara-jade

Dang Ryan,

Honestly – I figured out ‘life got in the way’ but I thought maybe the publishers were jerking y’all around. I apologize if you thought I was calling you out. That WASN’T my intention.

Three authors?? Sweet!! My first copy of the KM book is getting really dog eared – glad I have the nice copy with John’s & Darren’s signatures.

One of these days maybe you can sign my copy of the Beginner book next time you’re by Pete’s place?:D:

ryan

Oh, no, I didn’t take it that way at all. It’s reasonable to wonder about it. I wish it were out already.

BTW, I’m back at Pete’s next month. We’re doing another instructor weekend, but we’re also doing an open seminar while we’re there.

mara-jade

Open seminar?? Ooooh ooh – how open??? Can a ‘wanna pass level 3’ partake?:rolleyes:

Thanks for understanding Ryan. I know y’all have a life besides KM and I totally respect that – same goes for methumbsup

ryan

Well, a big part of my life is KM, it’s just that it demands a lot of time beyond these books, also. This book is going to be very good, though, if I may say so.

The seminar in TX will be open to anyone who wants to enhance fighting skillsets.

mara-jade

Fighting Skillsets? You have no idea how badly I need the extra practice. I’m gonna bug Leslie or whomever is there at the center today for the signup sheet. I’m not kidding either

Thank you much for the heads up. I’m sure the book will rockthumbsup

ryan

Great. You’ll enjoy it.

mara-jade

Well, no signup sheet yet as details are still being worked out. That’s ok – Les already knows we want in so we can wait

ryan

MJ, you signed up yet?

mara-jade

Ummph..I’m hurt..You doubted me??rofl2. I pestered poor Les to get the signup sheet. Hubby and I are the first names on it and our spots are all paid for

Hope you’re not expecting some superwoman cause I KNOW better. Been out of this awhile (so has hubby after hernia surgery) and we both cannot WAIT FOR THIS:box2:

ryan

It’ll be basic and not too taxing. It’ll serve as a prelude to the fight program your instructors will be implementing soon.

See you in a couple of weeks!

mara-jade

NEW FIGHT PROGRAM??? Oh Sweet!!:woohoo:

ryan

Hey, you know, I’m not sure if I was supposed to say anything, so let’s keep that here, please.

mara-jade

Um, let’s see..you’re telling me to keep this HERE in a PUBLIC forum..over 400 views already.. yeah..keeping it here’s GONNA workrofl2

The seminar’s plastered all over the center by the way:D:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: