Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Unlikely Places to Read/Hear About Krav

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    moti-y

In a recent novel by Jim DeFelice, LEOPARD’S KILL, (about a para-military operation in Afghanistan) the protagonist uses Krav Maga right in chapter one.

One other odd place: on a forum dealing with Jainist religion (one of the religions from India), a blogger wrote that he was waiting for someone to connect Jainism and Krav Maga.

Where interesting contexts have you found for Krav Maga references?

giant-killer

Jainism and Krav Maga? 😯 Hmmm, not sure KM qualifies as a religious experience. But maybe for some? 🙂

I don’t think I’ve come across too many KM references. John wrote some \”24\” novels and there are some fighting scenes. At least one hair grab, but no actual mention of KM. Although, in one of them, Jack has to disfuse a bomb right in front of the NTC (which isn’t mentioned, just the street corner). Also, on the \”24\” website it says that Tony Almeida is a KM expert.

kmsf

There was a mention of Krav on the show Psych on USA channel a few weeks back. Funny show.

krav8541

Gene Simmons talks about KM anywhere he goes, and on his reality show as well. Heard him discuss it here in Denver recently. He’s from Heifa(?) Isreal, studied KM there too, as well as in LA NTC.

vwr32

X-Box and Playstation fans might know someone named Sam Fisher. He was the main character in the Spinter Cell games (and novels).

From wikipedia: \”Fisher is a student of the merciless military hand-to-hand combat system of Krav Maga.\”

Also from wikipedia: \”The novel establishes that he \”exclusively uses Krav Maga\” for unarmed combat. Krav Maga is a combat form that was developed by the Israeli Special Forces. He has reached the advanced level of 3B under the tutelage of his instructor, Katia Loernstern. However in the actual first two games, Fisher’s hand to hand capabilities seemed limited in direct combat with opponents, although he becomes much more effective in hand-to-hand combat and even gains the ability to use a knife to deadly effect in Chaos Theory.\”

Full Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_fisher

And it’s a bad, bad game. 😉
    At least I thought so.

clfmak

I found out about an Eyal seminar from a flyer at San Diego State University (awesome seminar, by the way).

super-b

If you search for KM on Wikipedia I think it gives you all sorts of references to KM in movies, TV, etc. Wolverine from the Fantastic Four is a practitioner!

maskedkat

On the TV Guide channel, I heard the actress who is playing the new Bionic Woman say she got in shape for the role by doing Krav Maga. I wonder if she trained at the NTC?

kmsf

Wolverine is in the X-Men, not Fantastic 4.

giant-killer

I bet he can do a pretty mean pluck with those giant claws… 😈

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”vwr32\:

And it’s a bad, bad game. 😉
    At least I thought so.

Best games ever! Try this immerse yourself for 2 weeks watching \”The Sapranos\” and playing Splinter Cell for 2 weeks straight. See how you come out at the end. Then you’ll know who I am 😈 😆 😆

vwr32

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

Try this immerse yourself for 2 weeks watching \”The Sapranos\” and playing Splinter Cell for 2 weeks straight. See how you come out at the end.

i don’t have cable tv… had to settle for Splinter Cell/Pink Floyd \”Final Cut\” cd over and over. I became very dangerous to myself.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: