Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Very bad day at my Krav school

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jarcher

Today, the owner of the Krav school I attend in Greenville, RI announced that in two weeks heíll be dropping his Krav program. He is one of two certified instructors and the other has resigned to pursue another opportunity. The owner said he feels that he can not continue the program.

If there are any martial arts instructors in the northern Rhode Island area, you can probably find employment here in Smithfield.

Iím really going to miss Krav. A few weeks ago my class passed the level 1 test and we were all looking forward to finishing the orange material this summer. We all enjoyed Krav tremendously.

Iím going to try to find another school. There are two in driving distance, but I have heard that neither is doing much Krav so Iím not too optimistic.

Life goes on, but for my classmates, and me it likely goes on without Krav.

swhiteh3

That really is too bad. Best of luck finding an alternative location to train Krav. It’s too bad when we lose a studio and students because of business considerations like this.

If you’re in Smithfield, are you by any chance at Bryant College?

When my brother was attending Bryant, he found a very good kick-boxing school in the area – very profossional, and very serious, but very good. If it’s something you’re interested in….

jarcher

I’m not a Bryant student, but thanks for asking. I think I’ll pass on KB just for now. I’m not givinh up on Krav just yet!

anonymous

Maybe you could exchange addresses with other students at your school and get together sometimes to train on your own. Better to have a teacher, but still better than nothing….

anonymous

Or you could get together and take some private classes with the remaining instructor.

jarcher

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Or you could get together and take some private classes with the remaining instructor.

Well, the remaining instructor is the owner, and he said he does not have time for that. He plans to teach \”mixed martial arts\” 2 evenings per week for 1 hour each evening as a Krav substitute. 🙁

saxman314

I know there was one guy who used to drive up from RI to train at the South End Krav school in Boston. Those guys are great. Check out their website. It’s linked on the Locations page on kravmaga.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: