Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Very proud of one of our students

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

Taylor, one of our better Krav Maga students, looks the part – he’s 6-2, 250 lbs. and can bring the pain. He’s also a gentle giant who, along with his wife, Heather, assists me every week with our km-X classes. They’re great people.

Taylor was driving to work yesterday morning on a road that gets a lot of morning traffic. He sees a woman on the sidewalk who is being grabbed by the throat by a man. The woman is flailing her arms and yelling for help. Others drive by, too consumed with their own self-interests to stop and help. Not Taylor, however. He does the right thing.

Taylor didn’t have to hit the guy to get him to stop – his command presence was plenty of force to make the cowardly attacker give it up. The bad guy tried to slink away. Taylor advised him against that. He ordered the man to the ground and stood over him. Taylor won the fight without ever having to touch the assailant. The police came and that was that.

Further investigation showed that the man had been yelling, “I’m going back to Brazil next week – I’ll just kill you.” This proved to be a poor choice of words, as the man is being held on attempted murder charges.

There are still heroes out there. My friend Taylor qualifies.

kmcat

Re: Very proud of one of our students

Very good.

Sun Tzu in the Art of War said something interesting that would apply in this case:

quote :

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles
    is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists
    in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.
    mara-jade

Way cool! Just shows you don’t have to kick a$$ to be a hero:beer:

night-robin

That is very cool. He should be very proud of himself.

anthony

Great story Steve, and a good job Taylor for stepping up. It is always a tough call to get in the middle of a domestic dispute. As you said so many are consumed in their own self interest. Perhaps it is also the legal ramifications as well as not knowing what you are getting into with a physical altercation with someone you know absolutely nothing about. A similar occurrence happened to me a few years back. I ran a small weekend cleaning service at a municipal parking area that also housed a bus station. A woman with a small child was talking on the phone very agitated & upset. Moments after she hung the phone up a small pick-up truck came flying up to the station like a bat out of hell. A guy got out and appeared to want to continue the argument that had taken place on the phone. They started arguing again, more and more heated. The little girl was very calm and didn’t seem to be affected, as if this was an everyday happening. People were starting to take notice, and up to this point was merely back and forth shouting. I felt something was about to happen so I dialed 911 and explained to the operator the situation and how I felt it was going to get out of hand at any moment. Shortly after hell broke loose with him repeatedly slapping her across the face and she trying to fight back. The little girl now started hitting the guy to stop and he pushed her to the ground. No one acted, just observed and waited for someone else to do something. I had a broom and large shovel that I had been using for my cleaning. I took the shovel let out a blood curdling yell, smashed the shovel to the ground breaking the head off holding only the broken handle. As this clearly got his attention he began to approach me and asked me “what the F was I going to do”. When I told him I would F him up for good if he laid another hand on that little girl or came at me he broke down into tears. To this day I don’t know exactly what I would have done. As it turned out I never touched him. A police car arrived and only then did others step up to give their account of what had happened. They handcuffed him placed him in the car and took him away. Another officer questioned me and the woman. She did not want to press charges, just wanted to leave which she did without so much as a thanks. I think Taylor and I feel the same way in that it ended with nothing more than an aggressive stance against a couple of dirt bags.

stevetuna

It’s interesting to note that in this case it wasn’t a domestic dispute (although in re-reading my post I can see how that was a logical conclusion).

Domestics are tough. Cops learn quickly that we’ve got to have eyes in the back of our heads when we go to one of those calls.

HELL YEAH & Congrats Taylor!!! We need more people like you in this WORLD!!!bow1:beer:
    Steve thanks for sharing.

Awesome story of someone having the cajones to step up and do the right thing! I think everyone likes to believe that he or she would do the same thing in the same situation, and quietly hopes that we never get the opportunity to find out if we would or not. The word hero gets thrown around way to much these days, but without question Taylor earned that title with has actions that day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: