Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Video explanaition of Ground survival vs Jiu Jitsu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    psyops
    kmyoshi

Re: Video explanaition of Ground survival vs Jiu Jitsu

Nice video! There has to also be an awareness that they just as well can bite and eye gouge… another reason why staying on the ground is dangerous!

Interesting topic because there are so many different things to consider.

I will play devils advocate a little bit and claim that by training BJJ and MMA I have tremendously increased my chances to escape on the floor.

I’m a big fan of biting, scratching etc but if that’s the tools you have to escape it will make you very limited. It hurts like ehh real bad , but what if people can withstand the pain long enough to hurt you bad from a better position on the ground?
    I know some examples where people continue to fight despite of the fact they should be in great pain. In boxing I’m talking about bruiced and broken ribs, broken hand etc.
    There are huge problems with people on alcohol and drugs who just totally ignore pain.

So, DO train on solid escapes and using leverage to escape ground situations.
    It means learning to fight on the ground so you know what works from witch position.

I do agree with the guy in the video, I really would not like to be bitten like that, but I do worry about some people I’ve met who rely on pinching and biting to escape from a mount position etc. Your pinching and biting against him grounding and pounding you with his almost full bodyweight in his punches is not an honoust fight. You should be working on getting out of their and if not possible at least be moving enough so he can’t have enough balance to land effective blows.

psyops

Well,

I am the guy in the video. What BJJ practioners very rarely want to admit or even consider is that the enviorment and training methodology of the average BJJ/MMA schools are not geared towards street survival. I have seen very good BJJ/MMA fighters get their asses kicked because they never train against multiple attackers and armed assailants from the ground .

Size matters. You roll with a guy 50lbs or 100lbs bigger than you are and see if you can use “pure technique’ by itself to get him off of you. Again. If I will start in any BJJ/MMA practioners guard and he can use BJJ/MMA and I will use Kina Mutai (Goughing and biting) groin strikes, head butts etc… I like my chances.

To your point regarding pain tolerance is well taken. However the biting is more than physical trauma, there is emotional trauma and psychological damage as well. When you consider multiple attackers and weapons you are so far away from BJJ/MMA at that point that relying on that specific skill set will get you killed.

coda-vex

Nice Donivan, thanks for the video very good points.

donjon
    Blocked

good to know that i must say it is nice informative share

mdfiasco

Psy, move to Virginia Beach. There is NOTHING here in the way of KM.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: