Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Video of the Week: 2 on 1 brawl, WWYDIYWITF??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kravron

What would you do if you were in this fight (WWYDIYWITF)??

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-doubleteam.html

Keep in mind….this is an open discussion but lets keep it limited specifically to A) how to handle this situation? B) What did the individual(s) do/did wrong? C) What would you do if you were the …(insert individual in the video here)?

Any discussions involving self defense techniques are welcome however lets keep it a-typical and not get into political right/wrong type discussions (since I have a habit of doing that.) Doesnt matter how the situation happened…it is occuring so now determine Courses of Action (CoA)

ANNNNNND…

DISCUSS!

siayn

Fight 1 – Should have been over in the first 2 seconds. The short kid has his hands down, and the tall kid comes in for the bull charge take-down. If the short kid would have had his hands up, there would have been control to the shoulders and a possible KO knee to the face.

Later they end up on the ground. I know this is Krav forums, but I just got back from BJJ class 5 minutes ago and I saw 2-3 different times where the short kid was half way to an arm bar but didnt know what he was doing so could not follow through.

What he did good? When he got in mount position, he through hooks like mad to the face. That was awesome.

Fight 2 – Loved the back fists. Nailed him twice it seemed. I was at an MMA tournament a few weeks ago and there was a Muy Thai fight where backfists were thrown with every missed hook or roundhouse kick and they landed every single time. The other fighter never saw the backfist coming. I may need to work on this technique a bit more myself, it seems highly effective in the two fights I have seen it used.

Double-teaming cowards. I have not worked multiple attackers yet in Krav, but I greatly look forward to the comments about how to handle that.

mumzergadol

cupla things

Fight one: short guy has given his back a couple of times, and has access to groin…never goes for it. Several opportunities to hammer fist the other guys junk, and isnt even away of any target other than the head. When he is mounted WITH Side control, he has no idea what to do. The hooks to the head are nice though, but groin strikes would have been instant fight enders.

he also misses at least two chances to sink the rear naked choke and put the other guy to sleep.

fight two…

when short guy is armlocked from behind, he doesnt 1) head butt the holder in the nose 2) donkey kick/mule kick the holder in the balls, or my personal favorite – stomp downward grazing shin and smashing instep. I would go reverse head butt into instep stop.

lest you discount the shin grind, a levered elbow into the inside of the shin is what they teach lifeguards to use to escape a rear mount with hooks in from a drowning victim…if its done right as a pain compliance tool its tough to beat…enough to make someone who thinks they are gonna drown let go. so again…i say head butt back, and then shingrind, instep stomp.

short guy is in deep shit at this point if the onlookers jump in…he needs to get away.

clfmak

In that first fight, good duck under one of the punches. I noticed that in most fights, the side control and scarf hold are very natural groundfighting positions. He definitely could have applied armbars and chokes at various spots during that fight. When mounted, the other guy did a good job at holding him close so he couldn’t deliver more powerful strikes.

I loved the backfists in the second one. I don’t know why the other guys jumped in the second fight- the other guy was already dominating and didn’t need help. Once it went to the ground the second time, I’d say it was time to go into rolling arnound and kicking type groundfighting, which won’t work against a skilled grappler, but will work if you’re just trying to run away from some unskilled people. Another point that this video makes- even if you have space to run away, its not always the best option. I remember I was at a krav seminar (with Eyal) and we were doing knife defense stuff. The drill went like this- you were partnered with a person, and kneeled about three feet apart from each other. A training knife was in between, and when he said go you’d try to grab it and attack, or if you didn’t grab it, you would defend. After defending and following up, you’d try to run out of the room. The times I was stabbed the most was while trying to run away.

anonymous

All right, I could see this one, too! Let’s watch more of those muchosucko ones, those babies can load while I’m having lunch.

Anyway, the fights… back fist was nice. Nice tackle from behind, near the end. The guy being double teamed didn’t have anywhere to run to, but at the same time there was that mob behind him and it would have been hard to fight them all. While he was on the ground, being punched and kicked by those two guys, I think he should have tried to get back up as soon as possible, before one of them have might mounted and pinned him down, while the other then continued to kick. Maybe he could have turned and kicked up to one of the guy’s groin. Or maybe kick the legs or knees, then get back up. He became very passive when those two guys attacked him, he should have probably tried to fight back more, hurt the guys, so they would have been more afraid to come after him.

Those guys seemed to be sore losers. Their friend got knocked down by that back fist and then they all jumped in to beat up the winner.

Also an opportunity for a full nelson defense, although it wasn’t put on very tight.

juslearnin

He could have ran away. He did not dedicate himself to running. Once in an all out sprint if the guy was still able to catch him I have at least separated him from the group. I would then beat the snot out of him (thoroughly) and then run again. You want to make a multiple attacker situation 1 on 1 on 1.

If you are in a confined area and runnning is not a real option, then one of them must go down hard. Talking shots to the throat type of thing, whatever it takes to equal things out. Do this by trying to keep them both in front of you and lined up so that you hsve one inbetween yourself and the other guy.

erik-h

ok, from what i saw it seemed that both attackers threw some pretty good punches and the guy at the end threw a couple of good rib kicks. The ground fightitng in the first one was pretty good but personally I would’ve thrown a couple of knee and shin defenses while on the ground. The defender in the first one ducked and dodged pretty good on the first swing but not the back (he might wanna work on that hehe). Anyway, I saw alot of opportunity for counterattacks and lower body kick shots that would’ve prevented the attacker from getting too close. The double teamin the last one was just wrong. As the guy holding the camera said that fight was one-on-one but we all know that sometimes it doesn’t happen like that. All in all not a bad TEENAGE scraper.

Erik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: