Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    armor-all

Hope I’m not stepping on your toes, KravRon, but I just saw this and thought I should share.

http://www.dumpalink.com/post/1124623759

Comments? His rip-off of headlock from the side is sloppy (look at the finger placement…)

godzilla

I thought that was cool.

We learn to grab the gun first… but i like his wrist locks. Harder to learn than krav’s grab and strike (then take away the weapon). But still effective and could work.

Thanks for posting the vid.

Godzilla

anonymous

Did you read the comments after the video? Complient victims… 🙁 Just what bad guys want.

erik-h

That was kinda cool. Looks like alot of joint locks from Hapkido that I studied in my former TKD classes. But it looks practical.

Erik

clfmak

In that very first disarm, he has the guy on the ground, and he’s controling one arm with a wristlock while pointing the gun at him with the other arm. This seems like kind of a poor defense- it would be no problem for a big guy like that to intuitively swing his wristlocked arm inward to release the grip and slap the gun out of the man’s hand. Its even working against the fingers (not even the thumb). This would not work against a resisting larger opponent. It seems like once you have the gun and he’s on the ground, you should move away to where there’s no way he could attack you (but of course you have the gun)
    I liked the sequence with the police officer against the knife. Some gun people don’t appreciate how fast, chaotic, and destructive a knife wielder can be while in close. It looked like the knife guy cut across the cop’s forearm, slashed backhand across the stomach, and then delivered a cut to the inside, then the outside of the thigh, all the while preventing him from grabbing the gun. In reality, it would more likely be grab the gun arn and repeated jackhammering into the stomach and chest. When I teach our first knife defense technique, one of the general principles I go over is that you need to control the knife hand if you can’t maintain range with kicking or a superior weapon. To demonstrate this, I get a soft training knife and tell them to try and block my strikes. I attack with rapid thrusts and stabs, and if they cover with their arms, I cut the forearms and legs. If they control the arm, they do much better. From there they can counterattack with a combination of low kicks, knees, arm bars and wrist locks. I’ve read that Hock Hockheim said that aikido knife defenses really work, which kind of surprized me.
    That technique against two guns, I don’t know. They’d have to be positioned just right and not actively resisting. I’d try to negotiate my way between them so they might hesitate more.

jl

video clip

BlackBelt Brian,
    Compliant victims!!!! I can’t believe some of the statements I read. Many more people need SD then I thought.

😯 JL

jl

video

And yes the side headlock defense looks to be a rip-off and not very well demo’D

susannah

Overall, I liked the video. And then again, when you talk about the side-headlock thing looking crappy, well, that’s what it’d prolly look like if done in the streets w/intent. It’s good to go over technique and all, but often-tymes just doing things in a situation kind-of half-arsedly, but w/lots of intent and meaning works just fine…

clfmak

I don’t think that the headlock thing is a ripoff of krav. Isn’t the whole idea of stepping forward and striking the groin that it is a natural reaction? In a violent headlock, your leg will swing ahead, and the arm swing should go somewhere useful. The gouge/neck crank part is used in almost every headlock defense I’ve ever seen- look at the old Army combatives manual. When I teach the first headlock defense, I make it a point to note that any headlock allows access to the groin and/or eyes (which also allows for a neck crank).
    Conversely, you could say that everything on that video is stolen from somewhere- aikido/hapkido wrist locks and BJJ ground fighting.

anonymous

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

I don’t think that the headlock thing is a ripoff of krav. Isn’t the whole idea of stepping forward and striking the groin that it is a natural reaction? In a violent headlock, your leg will swing ahead, and the arm swing should go somewhere useful. The gouge/neck crank part is used in almost every headlock defense I’ve ever seen….

It’s almost the same as taught in Combat Hapkido, except in CH, there in a strike with your thumb to a nerve in the back of the knee while doing the neck crank/nose pull/eye gouge (what ever you can get 😉 .)

ffdo

The side headlock is NOT a rip off, it is a realatively common D against it. The technique was taught to me in Kung Fu well before I had even heard of KM……… Same technique though, why, because it works.

The gun and knife stuff works as well. I like the KM version slightly better, but if it works, it works.

JC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: