Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Visiting Other Krav Schools!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sexybaldman

Hi All,

After the thread on testing fees and the invite Ryan put out there on attending his school it got me thinking.

How do most instructors feel about inviting other students to their school for training or checking things out?

For example, I would love to visit Ryan’s school of course and Krav Maga DC. But wasn’t sure how instructors felt about that.

Thanks,

– J

garddawg

We love having visitors. Never a fee for visitors.

sexybaldman

That just brought up another questions. What are yall thoughts on possible new students and trying a calss. Do you think a possible new students should pay, for example 10 bucks or get a trial class for free?

bradm

Personally, I think a school should let prospective students to take a couple classes for free to see if they like it. Especially if they want a long term contract. I know the school I attended before I moved let new prospective students have a free week.

psyops

Visitors from other schools never get charged and are always welcomed!

New Students should pay a $10.00 fee. What was the last thing you got for free? If you can’t remember it, they won’t remember yours. Plus those who don’t have $10.00 are probably not going to sign up anyways.

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”Psyops\:

New Students should pay a $10.00 fee. What was the last thing you got for free? If you can’t remember it, they won’t remember yours. Plus those who don’t have $10.00 are probably not going to sign up anyways.

actually, my last thing for free was a trial class at my current school. 🙂

However, you do bring up a good point.

tks…

kurtuan

Traveling students are always welcome at my school and there is no charge. I think there’s an unspoken agreement between schools to extend this courtesy, I think it’s good for the \”Krav community.\”

As far as trial classes go? I offer trial classes free of charge, if the prospective student still isn’t sure I’ll offer a free week. It generally doesn’t take too long for someone to understand what Krav is all about and if it’s right for them…

I offer people 1 trial lesson for free at this time.
    I don’t commit people to long term contracts.

I like having students from other schools over, no fee.

kravmdjeff

Visiting Krav Maga students from other training centers, my understanding is that it’s a courtesy we pretty much all show one another. A new student, I would not let them into a regular class unless they’ve scheduled it with me, and even then we have a specific introductory class for those folks. So, a new student would never just try out a Level 1 class unless they have some MA experience and I have cleared them to do so

johnwhitman

Hey all,
    It’s actually more than an unwritten rule. It’s part of the agreement with us that KM schools allow visiting students to train for short periods as a courtesy to others in the KM family. School owners seem quite happy to oblige and are very welcoming.

kravmdjeff

Cool. Kudos to KMWW to actively engineer the maintaining of a national community

Re:

quote \”Psyops\:

The last thing I got for free was my level test. So yes I can remember it, and will never forget it.

IMO you should not charge a perspective student $10 dollars just to \”try\” your system.

michael

I’m visiting another school for a month or so and everyone’s been extremely nice. I’ve been invited to take all the classes offered…

I do love the Krav family….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: