Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Want to start but am I little concerned

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jstarson

Ok… I’ve wanted to take a martial art for a while now to learn self defense and to get into shape. Currently I’m over weight but have started losing weight recently through diet and exercise. I like that Krav Maga focuses on real world situations that anybody might face in their life time. I’m concerned that I’m not in good enough shape to start training and I’m concerned about my finances regarding how much it will cost to join REACT here in phoenix. They don’t list their prices online and I would have to take a trial class before they go into detail about what it will cost to join. Am I ready for this? I can squeeze things to fit this in my finances because I will consider this my hobby so maybe finances aren’t a concern to a certain extent. Seriously though I’m ready for a change in my life and I love what Krav Maga has done for other people. Thank you for any help in advance.

bear34

Re: Want to start but am I little concerned

Won’t discuss pricing? What are they hiding? One of the first things you learn in Krav Maga is to avoid getting into bad situations. I know nothing about this joint, but, IMO stuff like “Tactical Black” teaches the wrong people things that the rest of us don’t need them to learn.

mdfiasco

I’m in the same situation as OP. I have 1 option in my area, and that’s ATA. They fail.

eric-joyce

quote JStarson:

Ok… I’ve wanted to take a martial art for a while now to learn self defense and to get into shape. Currently I’m over weight but have started losing weight recently through diet and exercise. I like that Krav Maga focuses on real world situations that anybody might face in their life time. I’m concerned that I’m not in good enough shape to start training and I’m concerned about my finances regarding how much it will cost to join REACT here in phoenix. They don’t list their prices online and I would have to take a trial class before they go into detail about what it will cost to join. Am I ready for this? I can squeeze things to fit this in my finances because I will consider this my hobby so maybe finances aren’t a concern to a certain extent. Seriously though I’m ready for a change in my life and I love what Krav Maga has done for other people. Thank you for any help in advance.

Hi there,

I used to go the Phoenix locations but it has been a few years. I can’t comment on the tactical black and what it entails, but I can speak to the experience. Overall, the instructors know their craft and are very passionate about it. The training experience was fun and I learned a lot. Don’t worry about whether you’re shape or not, just try it out and go at your own pace. They are understanding about that. After you get conditioned, they will challenge you which is a good thing. After your trial class, they will review the options with you. Prices will vary and will be based on whether you sign a 3 month, 6 month, year, etc., contract. I can’t comment on the prices now since I have now idea what they could be.

The only caveat I have is to make sure you can afford to do it per the agreed upon contract terms. You actually have to move pretty far away or basically be dead in order to cancel the contract. The terms are pretty clear so when you sign the contract…you are committed. I’m sure you will make the right decision.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum,

I’m sure I can say pretty safely there are quite a few of us here (myself and hubby included) who weren’t in the best of shape when we started. If there are medical issues involved, that would be something I would think about going to a doctor and discussing as well as the center I’m interested in.

I’m not sure that I’ve seen centers list their prices. Being that centers can be very diverse depending on location, classes offered, etc there isn’t a one price fits all kind of thing. I personally would try a class first before even considering getting to the talk of prices.

Just make sure it’s clearly stated all the terms, prices and what needs to be done to cancel if you decide it’s for you. Are you military? If so, make sure you’re not screwed if you’re deployed.

Hope this helps:wav:

catapult

quote mara_jade:

I’m not sure that I’ve seen centers list their prices.

It still seems odd that they wouldn’t tell you when you call and ask them. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the quality of the training at the Phoenix center but doing that makes them look like a McDojo. Bad form if they are really more interested in helping the students than milking fees from them.

shinyfluff

hi, I just started in Pompano and they have an option for month by month payment. This is a great option for those of us who travel or who may be too busy to keep a years worth of scheduling……maybe they have something like that at your town? I also travel about 40 mins to a really reputable and focused center. I had tried one beofre in WPB that, while still nice, was really focused on cardio and didn’t have any intro to the moves prior to attending a class. I think it works great for that center though because alot of the students were school age.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: