Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Watch Video Clip Of Amazing New Gun

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jjbklb

AA12 Fully Automatic Shotgun

Home defense? Would the home still be standing?
    Stainless steel.Very little maintainance.Almost no recoil.
    Round selection can be anything from powdered metel to take out a door,double-ought to clear a room,mini-grenades.etc..
    The military is looking to buy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYamOXky-k

Re: Watch Video Clip Of Amazing New Gun

quote jjbklb:

AA12 Fully Automatic Shotgun

Home defense? Would the home still be standing?
    Stainless steel.Very little maintainance.Almost no recoil.
    Round selection can be anything from powdered metel to take out a door,double-ought to clear a room,mini-grenades.etc..
    The military is looking to buy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYamOXky-k

I get pretty skeptical when dealing with automatic anything in a CQB environment. I don’t have sound on this computer, so maybe I didn’t hear him go over it, but how reliable is the weapon? If it jams up on you, you’re SOL.

The only thing I really like a shotgun for in any kind of urban environment is home defense, balistic breaching, and crowd control. CQB is a percision fight and I don’t like having any more hot metalic death flying around than I need to.

That being said… That thing looks pretty bad ass… Definitely wouldn’t mind playing around with it thumbsup

That’s one bad mutha..

quote downforlife76:

I get pretty skeptical when dealing with automatic anything in a CQB environment. I don’t have sound on this computer, so maybe I didn’t hear him go over it, but how reliable is the weapon? If it jams up on you, you’re SOL.

The only thing I really like a shotgun for in any kind of urban environment is home defense, balistic breaching, and crowd control. CQB is a percision fight and I don’t like having any more hot metalic death flying around than I need to.

That being said… That thing looks pretty bad ass… Definitely wouldn’t mind playing around with it thumbsup

They said it can be operated for years at a time and never needs cleaning. It’s made out of several different grades of stainless steel.

One of the rounds they had was a Grenade in a shotgun shell (The one with the fins) that extended the range of the shotgun past 100 meters and they could fire up to four of the per second (If I remember correctly).

quote HazardousSmoker:

They said it can be operated for years at a time and never needs cleaning. It’s made out of several different grades of stainless steel.

One of the rounds they had was a Grenade in a shotgun shell (The one with the fins) that extended the range of the shotgun past 100 meters and they could fire up to four of the per second (If I remember correctly).

That’s pretty good stuff. I wonder what the casualty/kill radius is for those grenades. I’d like to see if it comes close to the 40mm rounds for the m203. It would be nice to be able to carry more HEDP rounds… Those 40mm’s are too bulky!!!

J-

skaldgrimnir

quote downforlife76:

That’s pretty good stuff. I wonder what the casualty/kill radius is for those grenades. I’d like to see if it comes close to the 40mm rounds for the m203. It would be nice to be able to carry more HEDP rounds… Those 40mm’s are too bulky!!!

J-

I believe they mentioned something about a 9 foot blast radius.

russell

can’t use it for home defense,it can only be owned by police or millitary, civilians can’t own any full auto made after 86, i would gladley go through any background check or testing that i could to own a class 3 weapon, but i can’t afford the price of a “pre 86” class 3 machine gun(the same gun that was 850.00 in 85 is now 4500.00)

i think it also has a shell that has a camera that will brodcast to a computer for real time footage of a battle

anyway i think that it would be a great addition to the frontline troups

It definitely would be an ideal weapon for urban warfare. Shoot that thing into a room and nothing will come out unscathed.

Yeah they mentioned a 9 foot blast radius for that mini grenade with over 175 meter distance.

And they rate of fire was ungodly for a shotgun.

They will manufacture them and charge a boatload of cash for them but if it saves one life its all worth it.

raneman

Yikes!! While fully auto and the grenade function are damn hot, the issues I would be most concerned about is ammunition consumption, reload time/ease and jamming. I had a M249 SAW in the USMC and I NEVER had a jam in the 2 years I had it, contrary to the fact that the weapon is the king of feed jams. Only reason was I cleaned it religiously and had 2 spare barrels. Jams in a CQB environment get people killed.

This would be a great weapon for law enforcement though but full combat duty out of the CQB/urban environment wouldn’t be ideal due to the effective range.

The other drawback is this. If law enforcement can get them so can criminals.

russell

quote Raneman:

The other drawback is this. If law enforcement can get them so can criminals.

no thay cant remember gun control laws keep guns out of the criminal’s hands(sarcasam)

quote Raneman:

This would be a great weapon for law enforcement though but full combat duty out of the CQB/urban environment wouldn’t be ideal due to the effective range.

Not so sure I can agree with you on that. Sure using the grenade launcher rounds in close quarters combat wouldn’t be ideal but a standard shotgun round would for clearing out rooms.

Of course then again what do I know, I have only had simulated training in those situations.

quote HazardousSmoker:

It definitely would be an ideal weapon for urban warfare. Shoot that thing into a room and nothing will come out unscathed.

Hahaha… Sounds like a comment I’d make right before getting an hour long speach on ROE from the LT. rofl2

I’m not really familiar with the concept of “blast radius”. I wonder if they mean kill radius, casualty radius, or something entirely different?

That camera round sounds a bit sketchy. With some of the mini-UAV technology we’re using now, it sounds like that would not be cost effective or better than what we’re using now. Then again, commanders love to buy gadgets :rolleyes:

vwr32

There’s an in-depth review on it at military.com which goes into some of the ammo. The Frag-12 is the explosive round. Here’s a quick quote from the article about it:

quote :

Called the FRAG-12, the program consists of a family of 12 ga. Highexplosive projectiles including a High Explosive (HE) Blast round, a HE Fragmentation round and a High Explosive Armor Piercing (HEAP) projectile with a shaped-charge penetrator.

Initial testing has confirmed that the HE Blast round will produce about a 1- inch hole in cold rolled steel plate with secondary spalling effects on the downrange side of the plate. The HE Fragmentation warhead is designed to have blast and fragmentation out to a 2-meter casualty radius and the HEAP round is claimed to be able to penetrate 4 inches of aluminum armor and more than ?-inch of steel. All three rounds have a 200m effective range.

Full article if anyone wants to read it:
    http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_AA12,,00.html#Frag

Nice. The casualty radius isn’t extremely impressive, but I do see some good tactical application for those rounds.

J-

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: