Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I had a strange injury last night. We were doing ground work (bucking, choke on the ground, etc…) when all of the sudden my arm started to hurt.

It felt like it was in my tricep AND my bicep…

Then it felt like it was in my forearm…

Then I felt like I couldn’t make a fist…

The fact that it radiated down my arm makes me think it was a nerve thing but I’ve never had anything like that. Someone suggested that it might be similar to a “stinger” that some kids get in football but I’ve never had one.

Anybody ever have a similar injury?

nixxon

Re: Weird Injury

I’ve had ache’s that have started and were centered around my elbow that were felt all the way up into my shoulder. Push around there, if somthing seems hurt or inflamed ice it!

yakes

It definitely sounds like a nerve thing.
    Has it completely gone away?
    A stinger is a traction neuropraxia(nerve stretch) and occurs when the arm is moving one direction and the neck is being stretched the other way. It does not last long and usually only reoccurs when the “nerve” is stretched again.
    Another possibility is a pinched nerve in the neck(ie herniated disc) thes symptoms usually last longer and reoccur without any further “injury”.
    Either way, if the symptoms reoccur a visit to an orthopaedic surgeon or neurosurgeon would be advised.

blindfold

I had a great one the other night.

I was holding a pad for round kicks from the ground. I had a good stance and made sure the pad was at a good height before we got started. This way his leg doesn’t overextend and I don’t get kicked.

Normally when someone does a round kick the instep hits the pad or the shin hits the pad, with the toes pointed forward.

Well the toes were pointed toward the pad, but luckily for him they didn’t hit the pad and he had a good solid kick. Unluckily for me that his toes went right past the pad and straight into the side of my knee. I currently have a bruise that is on the inside of my knee and extends from the patela to the middle of the side. It’s about the size of a 4″circle, a little bigger than those small DVD’s.

I couldn’t walk for about a day. Work was fun.

Thanks Yakes. I’ve never had a stinger and nobody could tell me anything more than “they hurt” when I asked them.

After bitching and moaning about it for a day or two my wife reminded me…

“Maybe you hurt it when you were moving the piano.”

Oh… Duh… I forgot about that…

kmcat

I had a funny muscle/nerve problem last October.

I was doing some walking lunges and a few days later my hamstring & glutes were very sore and stiff and I was walking with a little bit of a limp. I read that it can be easy to aggravate a hamstring type injury if you don’t let it heal by staying off of it.

The odd thing was there was almost a tingling that ran down my leg, not unlike what you describe in your arm.

I thought about going to a doctor but it was slowly getting better after a week. So, I just took it easy for a couple more weeks and kept using some aspirin and using ice packs. The tingling and soreness went away after about 3 weeks.

I think a nerve in my leg was being pinched by the inflammation from the pulled muscles.

Hope you get to feeling better.

brewerm

I was partnered up with a guy doing roundhouse kicks to the legs. Every time he kicked me I felt as if he had hit me with a bat even under the tombstone pad. Same guy, practicing inside defense got one by me and I have a cut/black eye to boot!!! I never saw that hand at all LOL

danimonio

i would also like to whine about my shoulder pain, it’s been bugging me for a week now… got this injury last Tuesday (may 20,2008) from a take down on our stress test during training. i would like to attend today’s training but my left shoulder still hurts. i need an advice on what to do (relieve the pain)…. should i continue training or should i give myself a day or 2 of rest till this pain subsides?

alamocitykid

quote DirtyHippieUte:

Thanks Yakes. I’ve never had a stinger and nobody could tell me anything more than “they hurt” when I asked them.

After bitching and moaning about it for a day or two my wife reminded me…

“Maybe you hurt it when you were moving the piano.”

Oh… Duh… I forgot about that…

Why are you moving a piano? You’re an attorney now. Get with it!

yakes

Danimonio; When does your shoulder hurt? (all the time or do certain movements tend to aggravate it?)

danimonio

quote Yakes:

Danimonio; When does your shoulder hurt? (all the time or do certain movements tend to aggravate it?)

it hurts when i rotate my shoulders, it also makes cracking sounds

yakes

Well; that could be anything. I would just try and rest it completely for a couple of days.

danimonio

@yakes
    : yeah i didn’t go on training yesterday, but today i’ll train today coz its feeling a bit ok now. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: