Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Went to Watch a MMA Training Class on Saturday

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ds314

I went and watched a MMA Training Class on Saturday. The instructors name is Steve Berger who has fought in the UFC three times. I found the class interesting. It was 1.15 hr long. 15 minute warm-up (sprawing, medicine ball throws, up high off the wall, punching a ground dummy, etc) and then 1 hour on MMA techniques. The gist of the class was learning how to cut down your opponent in a cage or ring and throwing combinations followed up by round-house kicks. He pointed out to the class to make sure to strike and then get out, strike and then get out. He made sure to tell everyone that if you get hit solidly with the 4 oz gloves there is a good chance you were going to go down. Good advice. They didn’t work on any ground techniques. I know Steve’s background was in BJJ before MMA.
    Dave

pugnax88

Re: Went to Watch a MMA Training Class on Saturday

What did you think of the class overall? I used to train in MMA myself.

This has been my experience so far…
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=3286

ds314

I did not participate in the class just watched it. Based on techniques I thought the class was pretty good. As an overall cardio work-out I did not see a lot of that. In Krav we go more balls to the wall from what I’ve exprience so far. However I just viewed one class so far. I heard a few of his students are doing pretty good at local MMA events so far.
    Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: