Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books What are some good beginner KM books?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    midnighter

Sorry, I’m sure this has been asked many times before.:Unsure:

ffdo1234

Re: What are some good beginner KM books?

It has but then, it should be asked again……

When I started looking for books there twas two. There may be three or four now in English, but I will link you to the best that I have seen.

I am just a student, and not part of any assn. btw……

OK, Complete Krav Maga by Darren Levine and John Whitman. This just came out in the last year or so, (I just found one in Bourders, so not dead sure how long its been out, but not long….)

The first book I read on KM was How to Defend Yourself Against Armed Assault. It is by Imi Sdi-Or and Eyal Yanilov according to Amazon but I believe Mr. Levine had a lot to do with the context and KNOW he had a lot to do with converting it to English.

Regardless, I would start with those, but read everything you can find.

JC

mara-jade

There’s also a KM Beginner book due to come out around October by Darren and Ryan – should be kick buttthumbsup

http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Step-Step-Easiest-Learn/dp/1569756619/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219273605&sr=8-2

Also for clarification, Imi’s Book (Defend Yourself Against Armed Assault) is considered an advanced book. Weapons aren’t typically taught to students until Level 4:D:

ffdo1234

It is an advanced book, but it was one of only two available five years ago or so when I saw Krav Maga on the top ten martial arts show on the Discovery Chan I was watching at three AM….. I went to the book-store the next day and bought both books that were available at the time.

There are some professions BTW that need to know about the weapon stuff right away without getting to lev four. (That is what drew me to KM in the beggining.) I know a number of ways to get someone’s hands off my throught, I NEED to know how to take a knife or gun away…….

It does have a great historical perspective on KM and is worth reading for that alone.

Anyway, The latest book is OUTSTANDING and KMA did a great job with it.

midnighter

Thanks guys, and I’ll probably just get the complete Krav book since it’s already out.

thecrownsown

quote FFDO1234:

It has but then, it should be asked again……

When I started looking for books there twas two. There may be three or four now in English, but I will link you to the best that I have seen.

I am just a student, and not part of any assn. btw……

OK, Complete Krav Maga by Darren Levine and John Whitman. This just came out in the last year or so, (I just found one in Bourders, so not dead sure how long its been out, but not long….)

The first book I read on KM was How to Defend Yourself Against Armed Assault. It is by Imi Sdi-Or and Eyal Yanilov according to Amazon but I believe Mr. Levine had a lot to do with the context and KNOW he had a lot to do with converting it to English.

Regardless, I would start with those, but read everything you can find.

JC

When I read your post, went out to Chapters and ordered “Complete Krav Maga” by Darren Levine. Am picking it up today! Darren is apparantly coming to our Krav Maga facility (Waterloo, ON) in the months coming (a specific date hasn’t been handed down to us yet) to do a seminar, and I’m hoping to get through the book before then! Thanks for the suggestion!

ryan

You should definitely get to Darren’s seminar. He is an amazing instructor. Also, you won’t be disappointed in the book. It is a fantastic reference.

krav-systems

There are only three (currently) Krav Maga books worth reading:

Complete Krav Maga (Darren Levine).
    How to defend yourself against armed assault (Imi Lichtenfeld).
    Krav Maga (David Kahn).

All are from different associations but the techniques are pretty similar. I especially liked the David Kahn one for beginners….

ffdo1234

I liked all three, and yeah, know on this forum I will take crap for that.

I am still a noob,and always will be compared to any of the above. I have not had the chance to meat Darren, but he is on of my heros, (in all seriousness….) I had the Chance to train with Eyal in Israel and it was wonderful. I have never met David but loved the book, the “other one” I got when I first found out aout KM. I hope the assns work the issues out, I am out of that fight.

I will say this, I like the the IKMF, I like KMWW, I would not train if the place was not one of the two, or if David wasn’t teaching.

Having said that, KMWW is dom here, and they do an outstanding job training instructors. When I move, and it seems way to often I do, I go to http://WWW.Kravmaga.com and look for locations. I only see what else is around if they don’t have one close.

JC

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: