Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What do you guys think of this video?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    munster

Re: What do you guys think of this video?

Krav Maga is a pretty generic term in israel when it comes to styles of it. He use to be a paratrooper so Im sure hes accustomed to something similar to (but isnt) KMWW. Moti is a good guy I got to work with him last yr threw my unit his combatives and self defense techniques were alittle different (from KMWW) however gun disarms didnt change and I have some more tools for the tool box from him.

dirty-harry

This video was obviously made by an MMA fanboy/nut-job who doesn’t understand fighting as much as he makes out. If he did, he would know that there is no “one ultimate style”, as he is trying so hard to promote with MMA.

I trained MMA for two and a half years before taking up Krav. Not that long I know, but I also know that MMA and Krav compliment each other very well in fighting terms. In my current krav club we train ground and clinch techniques as much as krav fundamentals. We take it slow for beginners, and full contact, full speed with advanced practitioners. MMA/BJJ techniques slip into the mix all the time.

The reason I took up Krav was because I felt that MMA was too much of a sport, had to much emphasis on clinching and going to the ground. This doesn’t mean I never look for opportunities where I can use an MMA technique.

For example, shrimping away from a ground attack is good, but attacking with kicks to soft (and mma illegal areas) compliments that while I shrimp out.

Also, if someone tries initiating a take-down by rugby tackling, or leg grabbing me, we train to drop our wait on their head and sprawl to the ground, yes, just like BJJ and MMA. If they don’t drop flat to the ground straight away, sink a knee to the head or chest. Then we get to our feet quickly for a head stomp or two. Then scan the area and look for an exit.

I am sure any self respecting, knowledgeable and experienced MMA/BJJ/Krav instructors and professionals, know that both styles (and others) have many useful techniques that can be integrated with each other.

Bottom line, this vid is bull-crap.

H

youngilethal

I agree with Dirty_harry 100%. I have been training in both krav and mma and they do compliment each other very well. Everytime i get ready to grapple some one in my mma class their first reaction is “hey, i’m not wearing a cup” because they have felt first hand of what a good groin shot in the guard feels like to open it and get up. I am a big fan of both disciplines but it is almost impossible to compare the two.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: