Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge What do you ride??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Re: What do you ride??

Hey All…

Don (from NTC-LA and NTC-SO) here. My ride is a Springer Softail. We have seen many miles on the road between LA and Vegas — yes, there are back roads that can keep one of the I-15 for a much more enjoyable ride. There is also a great back road called the 33 — which will take you all the way up to ‘Frisco (from LA) (sans the last 50 miles or so on the 580) without ever touching the interstate. Plus, the Route 1 is the best way to spend a couple of days riding.

Take care…Don

Attachments:

kirsten

Triumph… :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dan, we gotta ride out your way and meet you 1/2 way for lunch!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote socalfireman286:

Hey All…

Don (from NTC-LA and NTC-SO) here. My ride is a Springer Softail. We have seen many miles on the road between LA and Vegas — yes, there are back roads that can keep one of the I-15 for a much more enjoyable ride. There is also a great back road called the 33 — which will take you all the way up to ‘Frisco (from LA) (sans the last 50 miles or so on the 580) without ever touching the interstate. Plus, the Route 1 is the best way to spend a couple of days riding.

Take care…Don

Wait Don made a guest appearance in the forums… naaaaaaa

gwalsh-d92

I don’t own this, but it does look like fun:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/blastolene-hemi-trike/1314360/full/

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote gwalsh:

Straight manifolds on a hemi…. can you say LOUD whats that I couldnt hear you?

russell

quote gwalsh:

whats it called “the widow maker” or “deathwish” i thought the dodge tomahawk was a bad idea but this(all you need is a organ doner card)

ps as a note to gwalsh and sean you two are NOT allowed to post on this thread since you are both high end (bmw and porsche) tunners if i find out you have motorcycles its a reason to hate you even more!rofl2

ps i think there are only two kinds of people that ride motorcycles, the ones that have been in a crash and the ones that are going to be in a crash, that said i STILL want a vrod or a buell! (and will kill my daughters if i EVER find them on a bike!)

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Since I left chunks of me all over the 101 they don’t let me on those anymore. Something about being an adrenaline junkie?

But I have owned several.

magamike

quote russell:

ps i think there are only two kinds of people that ride motorcycles, the ones that have been in a crash and the ones that are going to be in a crash, that said i STILL want a vrod or a buell! (and will kill my daughters if i EVER find them on a bike!)

Yep. Every single person I have ever known (closely) who rides a motorcycle has crashed and it has never been their fault. It’s always been someone who turned in front of them. People’s minds are naturally accustomed to look for a car and all the headlights, pipe noise, and all that doesn’t make a difference. They can look right at a motorcyclist and still pull out in front of them. It doesn’t register sometimes. I feel just as sorry for the motorist sometimes because I don’t think it’s necessarily because they didn’t look, it’s just that they didn’t really SEE.

gwalsh-d92

quote russell:

ps as a note to gwalsh and sean you two are NOT allowed to post on this thread since you are both high end (bmw and porsche) tunners if i find out you have motorcycles its a reason to hate you even more!rofl2

Not to worry, the ’32 Indian is more of a collectable – don’t get the chance to ride it as much as I would like.
    Most of my vehicular mayhem is of the four-wheeled motorsport variety. (slightly safer)

kirsten

Seems to me that every person that needed to be scraped off the road in my neck of the woods was 100% their fault due to speed, drinking, and other bad behavior like wheelies, bad passing, etc.

I have been riding for several years and while I have had close calls from cars not paying attention, I have avoided all of them (x my heart) by being a defensive driver. I always leave a nice bubble around me when I ride and anticipate that the person is just going to pull out in front of me, cut me off, ride my tail, and act like a jerk. It’s even worse when they see the ponytail and figure out its a chic rider.

I never have even one drink when I am on my bike, don’t ride tired and stay focused just incase… Oh, and if you ride- you have to take a riders safety course!! I LOVED mine and it made me such a better rider and you get cheaper insurance for doing it!

russell: My dad said no to a motorcycle too… then I grew up and did it anyway. 🙂 But have faith, he said no tattoo’s and I actually listened to that. Hey, she could date a dirtbag on a bike instead and put her life in his hands… or get her own… 🙂

Hey there CJ’s Dad…

… Yes, every now and then, I appear out of no where and post a reply. For a big guy, Jarret has always told me that I can be like the Krav Ninja, steathly waiting for the right moment to attack…and, then all 6’4″ and 230 lbs of me hits like a ton of falling bricks :-).

It was great training Monday with you … take care and see you all soon. Don

d-bain

Kirsten,
    Been out of town for a few days, Lunch would be a blast. I will bring some of the Southern Cruisers with me and make a road trip out of it this spring…thumbsup
    I would love to introduce the GANG to you and Oneness…..
    Dan.

kirsten

Awesome! Let’s do it!!! Just as soon as it warms up…. I am a fair weather rider, I admit it!

kmcat

Two wheels

Attachments:

paul

yammy vstar 1100 and a dr650. my hooligan ride

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: