Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What is your green belt test like?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kravjitsu

Hi All,

I am wondering what various schools do for their green belt test (i.e. testing in order to gain their green belt).

Is the test all in one day… split over a couple days? How many hours do you go for? Is there sparring involved? How hard do you go on each other? What sorts of stress drills did you do etc etc?

I just had mine and I want to see what others go through at their schools.

Thanks…

krav-math

Re: What is your green belt test like?

Hello kravjitsu,

My green belt test was one day, a little over 6 1/2 hours long, a good amount of sparring at more than 50% speed and power. Both guys and girls definitely went as full power as they could muster after the initial 2 hour ‘warmup’/pad work drills. In the warm up, we had to show that we knew all of the combos and could learn new ones on the spot as they were called out. In between each combo we did a set of 25 burpees/pushups/leg lifts/etc. You get the idea . . . basically hell on earth:) After that we performed technique drills: ground, standup, gun, knife, and rifle. The drills were non stop between you and your partner as our instructors graded us. Shock knives were used at various points. Lots of multiple attacker drills. Overall it was the most physically difficult thing I have done in my life. I really can’t remember much more than that because it was so intense and draining.

That green belt test was one year ago next month. In 30 days I take my blue belt test. I am extremely nervous as this test is full speed and power with an emphasis on fighting against current belt candidates and higher belt students. It involves stand up with take downs into ground fight – basically an MMA fight. To get this blue belt test opportunity we had to pass 3 pre tests, which were very tough.

Hope that helps give you idea. Congratulations and best of luck in your future tests!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: