Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What makes a \"tough girl\" tough?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bastet

There are a lot of women where I train, some of which can be labeled as \”tough\”. I just wanted your opinions on why you think they deserve this honor? What is it that makes them tough? Character? The way they train, etc? Just curious!

rosie

I think your question is a valid question, but the answer is not gender-specific. Whatever it is that makes a woman tough is the same thing that makes a man tough.

I think of toughness as a character trait that you develop in yourself, it’s not an honor that is bestowed on you by tougher people or KM instructors or anyone else. Tough people have grit, self-respect, and, to varying degrees, the ability to ignore pain, maybe sometimes to a fault.

alny1

😡 IF SHE NEEDS TO WEAR A CUP!!

sip

it’s about 99% mental

Toughness is almost all mental. Good attitude, perseverance, willingness to try new things and give it your best shot. This only supplemented by physical toughness: endurance, strength, ability to take a hit, etc. Probably the toughest from either gender that I ever met was at the Gloucester beach weekend over the summer. Athena from Texas practices combat ki, and she took a couple \”medium\” punches to the throat. She is obviously extremely physically tough, but it’s mostly becuase she knows how to keep cool in a bad situation, and has total control over muscle groups most people forget they even have.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: