Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What other schools have you trained?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    leftie79

I would like to know what other schools most of you have visited/trained, whether it was traveling for work, vacation etc. Curious about other schools. What did you think of them (the building they were located in), instructors and the instruction/workout you received?

albatexas

Philadelphia and Allen, Texas ñ both excellent schools!

jt

I used to get a lot of crap (jokingly) about this topic since it often seemed like I spent more time training at other schools than my own. Here is my full list… The KMNTC in LA; Colorado Springs, Denver, and Ft. Collins, Colorado; Casper, WY (associated with Rhon from NY); Austin, TX; Buffalo Grove, IL; Academia Gold Fighters, and Equipe 1 in Copacabana/Rio de Janeiro.

I also met one of the eventual instructors/founders of KM Australia (Graham Kuerschner I think…), several years ago when I sat in on a Self Defense seminar he was teaching in Sydney before he became certified (he was actually wearing a US Krav t-shirt at the class but made no reference to KM). And the instructor of the class I took in Ft. Collins now runs his own school in Broomfield, Colorado that I have yet to visit.

All of these schools were incredibly welcoming and extremely kind to me, and I had a unique experience at each place. My favorites are the KMNTC (obviously… the Mecca) and the Denver school. I got a great workout and terrific instruction at each place, and with some of the newer programs, I was even able to help out with some classes. With any luck, someday I’d love to train KM in Japan, Norway, and Finland. I highly recommend visiting other schools whenever you get the chance…. I’ve taken classes while on business trips and vacation (and when I didn’t speak the language! Thanks to all of my classmate translators in Rio!!!).

la-revancha

Aside from the current school:

Chatsworth in the San Fernando Valley, Moorpark, Gastonia NC, Fairfax VA, Falls Church VA, Philly sites (including 2 in Kennet Square), Ronkonkoma in Long Island, and of course, NTC (the \”Jerusalem\” wouldn’t you say, JT?).

All great schools. Sometimes instructors from other schools pay us a visit, and that’s always fun (big-ups to KM KC!).

h2h

trained 3 years in France then 3 years in northern california at the Fremont school (Dave, Anthony, Brad, James, Pepper..), also took couple of classes at th SF school with Eric and Barney. Now I train at the KMNTC with Jared, AJ, Kelly….(we miss u Sam !! )
    Great instructors everywhere I trained.

leftie79

That’s so awesome that you all were able to train at that many schools. (I can’t speak from experiece because I have only trained at mine) but you get to see how other instructors teach and how the class is run.

jaeroo

1. FDC Academy (later Linxx Academy of Martial Arts) under Sifu Frank Cucci=JKD/Muay Thai/FMA (uses a more eclectic approach/lots of full contact sparring which I enjoy absorbing as well as dishing it out/no katas/just pt gear)
    2. Norfolk of School of Judo and Jujitsu under Grandmaster Ravon Spruill=Sasori Goshin-Jitsu (form of Japanese Jujitsu)=although too traditional, using katas, and my least favorite of the 2, it taught me groundwork, submissions, and jointlock/unlike the other school, we used the gi and start out grabbing each other’s lapel finding a way to throw each other/very little self-defense training (once a week) and is more oriented to sport grappling

For law enforcement training at my last duty station and at Lackland AFB, also learned and qualified in the use of pepper spray, handcuffing, defensive tactics, and PR-24 baton.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: