Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Who’s going to watch Bas this weekend @ the forum?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

Is he still fighting?

Any of you Gastonia cats going out there?

😥 *sobs for NC’s desaparecidos\” 😥

ryan

He told me around 11:30 today that he’d be fighting Wes Sims (who’s a monster), since Kimo was out. I had hoped to go, but it’s not going to happen, unfortunately.

Bas by whatever he wants.

dugfoot

Wes Sims trains here in central Ohio. He should be banned from just about every major mma organization due to his dirty tactics and unsportsman-like conduct. I watched him cheap shot Daniel Gracie here at the Gracie Fighting Championships that took place during the Arnold Classic. Daniel replied with one cheap shot of his own and Wes laid in the corner and cried. He had to be carried out on a stretcher. 2-3 months later they fought again. Daniel got Wes’ back with a RNC and Wes, who’s 6-9, tried another dirty tactic by trying to launch himself out of the ring with Daniel on his back. It didn’t work and Wes lost again. I’m sure that Bas will have no issues with Wes.

oneness

Wes Sims is out too. I talked to Bas last night and he stated Wes Sims as well. Now they are stating that Wes is going to keep his prior commitment for the Ryan Bennet Fundrasier. Bas may either fight Ruben Villarrel?? or Paul Buentello.

There should be a final announcement later today on exactly who Bas will be fighting.

Oh, I agree Bas wins, by what ever he wants.

lazlo

Fedor is a little heavy for Bas’ weight class I guess, but that or Wanderlei and Bas sure would be fun to watch or maybe even Sakuraba…hmmm what about a Hughes v. Bas?
    If Bas beat Fedor, that would rock the MMA world.

ryan

Yes, but as of a few hours ago, Sims was still a possibility, if he could get clearance to fight next weekend as well. If he is cleared, it will be Ruben Villareal.

oneness

Yeah, i wouldn’t know. I was trying not to call Bas directly since he has a fight tomorrow and more things to worry about than informing me if who he is fighting.

kirsten

Yep, it’s Villareal… but better than nothing!

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=809

andre

If he doesn’t submit him within 5 minutes,
    Bas KO by left shovel shot, followed by right shin kick or cross.

ryan

Hey, Oneness, who runs the MMA program there at your school?

silencio

Bas won!! Interesting knockout. I don’t think I have ever seen a kick to the leg end a fight like that.

The Jackson/Lindland fight was pretty good, too. The rest sucked.

And it was so quiet in there. It sounded as if there were only a handful of people in the audience. Finally Bas got some noise going. Didn’t they sell any tickets?

What happened to Ricco Rodriguez? Did he fall into a pot of grease and swallow all of the contents?

sexybaldman

ok, who find the video on the net? lol I actually ordered it but fell asleep before his fight. 🙁

oneness

SBM –

Here you go – http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQI1VHE1.

Actually this one works better, goes right to it. http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/wfa/video/x8i3q_Bas-Rutten-vs-Ruben-Villa

Ryan –

I teach the mma program at our school. I also have some other people assist.

lazlo

It was great to see Bas win and thx for supplying the video clip. So did it work like this or something different?
    – Bas hit Villareal in the head and body quite a few times then…
    – Bas gave Ruben a kick to the hammy that caused Villareal to limp like crazy…
    -Then another one…then…
    -Bas gave a round house to BOTH of Ruben’s legs, above the knees, in the front of the legs, and this was so powerful to cause Villareal to tap?
    I don’t doubt it, I just want to get the facts clear as I repeat what I saw to a 100 other people. If this is the case, Bas has hell’a strong kicks(no doubt) or Ruben) has to work on his legs. I think it is the former given Bas’ technique and strength.

silencio

Bas’ foot looked pretty swollen after the fight, just from hitting Villareal’s thigh. That kick must have had a lot of force!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: