Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics who’s up for a meal?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    g-v

\”Whenever biting is mentioned, the first thing that usually comes to mind is, \”Anyone can bite.\” In reality, that bland assertion is true, but the difference between \”just plain biting\” and kino mutai is how to bite, where to bite and when to bite. A kino mutai practitionerís bite is \”uninterrupted.\” That means he knows the exact places on your body to bite and does so with precise timing. He grabs hold of you using his superior grip strength and bites areas that would take you literally minutes to pull him off. There are more than 140 places on the human body that he can bite for as long as he wants.\”

http://www.fullcombat.com/Articles/Martial%20Art%20Styles/Kina%20Mutai.html

g-v

http://www.mundoblaineo.com/sounds/liver.wav

I mentioned kina mutai to one of my instructors. He of course thought it was a bunch of bullshitakis, per usual., Bu I dunno, there *is* a case to be made for it. I’d be terrified fighting a dude like that! 😯 I mean, the dude could grapple you down and eat half your face before you’d finally get him off you.

anonymous

Wow, power biting! I’ve got to add this to my arsenal. Although, I may want to check my dental plan first, before I start practicing with the five pound pot roast…

Sensitive areas to bite: The face, the nipple, the cheek, the groin… The groin? 😯 🙁 … okay, I guess I’ll bypass that one.

\”Once you understand the concepts discussed, it’s time to try kino mutai in sparring.\” Yes, I definitely think the SMALLER grappler should get to use this additional tool. 😉

Actually, there is something to say for it. Sounds kind of KMish to bite and if you bite, at least bite well. Interesting idea for the sparring, putting on goggles to simulate eye gouges and holding the person down, then doing the biting motion with the mouth closed and the other person trying to push off and escape, then using his momentum to get up. Something to try.

kravmdjeff

As a taller, relatively thin person without too much grappling experience, I’ve gotten out of three or four seperate holds during belt tests that I NEEDED to escape out of by biting. None of my instructors have ever had a problem with it.

anonymous

What about your partners? 😆

clfmak

I think that’s straight from Anatomy of a Streetfight.

kid

would that work against a homeless man who hasn’t showered for 8 years?

g-v

Re:

Would that work against a homeless man who hasn’t showered for 8 years…and who’s trying to rape you? Yes.

Sometimes, short-term concerns take precedence over long-term ones, ie, infectious diseases, lice in the mouth, a bad after-taste, zero nutritional value, etc.

maskedkat

Bite in haste, retch repeatedly at leisure!

Hell yes, I’d bite the crap out of someone trying to assault me regardless of hygiene issues.

lovelessk

I just get this picture of a kino master being jaba the hut sized from practicing biting that hunk of steak inside a t-shirt for drills day in day out. Poor Vegans couldn’t even train… Maybe t-shirt tofu..

daki

Power Biting? That’s a new one on me though I keep thinking about the allegory about 100 people who take turns biting someone they wanted to kill so that it could never be proved which bite was the lethal one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: