Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Why we must train to defend against edged weapons often…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

From today’s Boston Herald: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1190110

The key quote: ìI didnít even know a knife was in play.î

Cop stabbed in Back Bay brawl
    Injured Cambridge officer IDs suspect

By Jessica Van Sack | Monday, August 10, 2009 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Local Coverage

Boston police are probing a bloody brawl that left an off-duty Cambridge cop stabbed on Boylston Street in the Back Bay, the Herald has learned. Officer Michael Hinds, 23, told police he was waiting for a cab with friends when a passer-by touched his female friend ìinappropriately,î according to a source.

Hinds told police he approached the scofflaw and told him what he did was wrong, the source said. But the man began reaching for something in his pockets, Hinds told police. So Hinds began to back away from the suspect, as did another off-duty Cambridge cop who was with Hinds, the source said. Then a commotion ensued.

ìI saw the guy lift his shirt and say, ëHe cut me, he cut me!í î said Hub cab driver William Grant, who identified himself as having witnessed the incident. ìI didnít even know a knife was in play.î

Grant said at some point he saw a friend of Hindsí tell the suspect to calm down and that he was a Cambridge cop. Hub cops quickly cornered three people who matched the description of the suspect and his companions a few blocks away on the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge, according to a police report. Hinds was able to identify the suspect while being treated in an ambulance shortly after the incident, which unfolded on the corner of Hereford and Boylston streets shortly after 2 a.m. Friday, a police report said. The injured cop was transported to Boston Medical Center with a stab wound to his abdomen, police said.

Hub cops plan to charge Tyrone Brooks, 23, of Roxbury with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, police said. Jose Rodriguez, 27, was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Dorchester District Court. Cambridge police spokesman Frank Pasquarello said the injured officer was released from the hospital but did not have more information about the incident.

unstpabl1

Re: Why we must train to defend against edged weapons often…

Mostly, because we’re a tool using race…I think of most people being armed….a `buddy of mine got stabbed in the thigh in Hollywood….all the guy said was gimme your money as he was reaching for his front pocket…the reach was the stab and he never saw the knife…so he gets stabbed before he has a chance to comply

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: