Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    supergirl

Hello all! So I am planning on attending winter camp next year, and am pretty excited. I started Krav so that I could see my boyfriend more, lame I know, but really started to love it! Now he gets home from teaching his classes at the main school, before I get home taking mine from the satellite location. So that excuse is out the door. I have come to the realization that I like to punch and kick stuff!

I guess my big question is, am I going to be holding him back if I partner with him at winter camp? He is a level 3 instructor and, well if I do say so myself, a complete bad a**. Where as I am a level 1 student who has only been training for 6 months. He reads these forums and I know he will tell me I am being silly (Hi there, you know who you are), but I want him to have fun too!

Honest opinions!

Thanks!

stevetuna

Re: Winter Camp 2010!

Yes, I know him and he is a bad a**! And a great instructor, too!

I’d say go and don’t worry about it – things like that will work themselves out. Go out, have a great time with great people and learn some new stuff. And relax!!!

Just let us know how great it was when you get back!

supergirl

Ha! Thanks Steve! I know I will have fun, I just want him to have fun too. I have heard great things about you guys from Nantucket! We will definitely have a winter camp report.

paul

take your free shots when you can get them!!

supergirl

Well, Paul, the first and only time we have partnered we did blunt weapons defense and I popped him in the nose…so I have no problems getting my shots in! Ah, you say, he should have defended himself better. One problem, he was the attacker and I was the stick wielding crazy-head! 🙂

smokelaw1

Sorry to go all off topic on your thread…but here goes.
    I feel dumber than usual at the moment, because I can’t find the link to info on Winter Camp, can anyone help me out? I am working on my wife, and might actually be able to attend! She’d come out with me to visit her friend, and I’d get to train and hang with you all. We’ll see if it actually happens, but I have a pretty good feeling.

PS- edit, from everything that I have heard, all that you need for the camps is the right attitude, and from what I can tell (you like to hit and kick stuff, and are dating a Krav instructor!), you’ve got that!!

supergirl

http://www.coloradokravmaga.com/ Its on their homepage.

And tell your wife to train with you!!!

smokelaw1

quote SuperGirl:

http://www.coloradokravmaga.com/ Its on their homepage.

And tell your wife to train with you!!!

I have lived this long this happy by never heeding any advice that starts “tell your wife to…..”
    LOL, in all seriousness, we have discussed it, and she has absolutely NO interest in learning Krav, any martial art, or self defense. She would take a weekend “self defense” course, but that’s it. And she won’t practice. We have had the discussion enough that any further conversations tend to get a little aggro. She sees me come home with bruises, the occasional blood, rug burn, whatever, and doesn’t want that. I tried to explain that you learn VERY quickly who the partners are that train like that, and it’s really your call how hard you want to go…but no dice.

Oh, and THANKS for the link!!

smokelaw1

Looks like i might have the OK! Need to make sure it’s the “really real” OK before I buy tickets! Anyone recommend the best place to stay near the location?

paul

quote SuperGirl:

Well, Paul, the first and only time we have partnered we did blunt weapons defense and I popped him in the nose…so I have no problems getting my shots in! Ah, you say, he should have defended himself better. One problem, he was the attacker and I was the stick wielding crazy-head! 🙂

lol…i can see why you havnt partnered up since..:OhMy:

hope you all have fun, i would like to attend.

thinkmike

It must be nice having your own personal instructor. I hope he has the liability disclaimers for you on file. :abx:

I just bought my ticket, it is nice to know that I won’t be the only newbie there. I do double as a really great bag holder though. 🙂

I pay every week – with enthusiasm and delight (it’s worth every penny!) – for a private hour of instruction from the individual you’re referring to – personally I’d seize each and every opportunity to learn from him – Level 1 student or not… that’s THE BEST way to learn (partnering with him) that I can think of.

GO FOR IT!!!

quote SuperGirl:

Hello all! So I am planning on attending winter camp next year, and am pretty excited. I started Krav so that I could see my boyfriend more, lame I know, but really started to love it! Now he gets home from teaching his classes at the main school, before I get home taking mine from the satellite location. So that excuse is out the door. I have come to the realization that I like to punch and kick stuff!

I guess my big question is, am I going to be holding him back if I partner with him at winter camp? He is a level 3 instructor and, well if I do say so myself, a complete bad a**. Where as I am a level 1 student who has only been training for 6 months. He reads these forums and I know he will tell me I am being silly (Hi there, you know who you are), but I want him to have fun too!

Honest opinions!

Thanks!

kmcat

quote smokelaw1:

Looks like i might have the OK! Need to make sure it’s the “really real” OK before I buy tickets! Anyone recommend the best place to stay near the location?

I’ve been to 2 of the Winter Camps and have been very glad to have “been there and done that” !! It is worth it.

They usually make some sort of group deal with a local hotel, you can probably find info about that on their web site.

Personally, I have stayed at the Super 8 in Westminster which is just a couple of miles east of the Krav Maga center there in Broomfield. It has cost less than the group deal hotel, but it is not luxury. However, it is not too expensive and nice. I’ve had success using them and been very satisfied.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=super+8+broomfield&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&ei=OUoLS77lHaq8yAS6-sBO&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=12710068968106535468&iwloc=A

jenn

SuperGirl – usually at WC for at least one of the seminars the instructors ask everyone to partner up with someone they don’t know – and it’s a hellalota fun 🙂 You will do great at WC as ALL of the instructors who come in and the COKM instructors are super supportive and patient – no matter how much it feels like you er I mess up.

smokelaw1 – if it helps to convince your wife to come (thereby letting you come to WC) tell her there is a FANTASTIC mall (FlatIrons Mall) less than 10 minutes from COKM BRM school. I hate shopping with a passion so for me to be enthusiastic about it should say a lot. Plus she can go to downtown Denver & visit lots of museums or go to Boulder & walk the Pearl St Mall and be entertained by laughing at er watching the things that claim to be people 😀

I had to watch from the sidelines last year 🙁 so participating again is making me drool in anticipation 😀

johnl-d11

do we know who is teaching what?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: