Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Woo Hoo! New gear!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I got my new shin guards from Revgear. So far I like them. The pad that covers the foot is quite a bit bigger than I thought it would be. It pretty much covers my whole sneaker when I wear the pads with my shoes. I’m going to have to rig something to keep the pad down on the shoe (rather than flopping around) but I’m pleased.

They’re pretty light too… I thought they would be heavier.

AND…

I won an auction on Ebay for a seriously discounted pair of Windy 16oz gloves and some Windy Shin guards. The shin guards are going to my training partner and I’m keeping the gloves. My partner will probably buy the revgear gloves so I should be able to report back a side by side comparison of the Windy vs. Revgear shin guards and boxing gloves.

The only bummer… The Windy gloves are lace up. I would have preferred velcro but for the price (around $20) I’ll survive.

bull1189

Re: Woo Hoo! New gear!

Look on the bottom of the foot pad. There should be an elastic band that goes over your sneaker to hold the pad onto your shoe. Sometimes the band is pretty tight and it looks like it is part of the pad, but if you stick your finger in between the pad and the elastic it comes out.

giant-killer

You could use sports tape to wrap around the gloves once you have them laced up. Then just put your hands in without opening them up. May be easier.

kravsue

If they are the krav ones from revgear, there are actually 2 kinds but the same item #. The one I have actually has velcro to feed through your shoe laces and hold in place. The one with the elastic is made for bare feet. My daughter has a pair, because I didn’t know to specify. I wear those when I spar sometimes without shoes.

They have the loops that are designed for bare feet. I could use the existing loop to go around my shoe but I don’t want to stretch it out. I’ll be moving in a semester or so and there is a good chance I will be going to an area where there is no place to study KM. I want to be able to use them if I end up going someplace where I have to take off my shoes and wear jammies.

marcus-kowal

DHU: at http://www.titleboxing.com and/or ringside.com, you can buy a “hook & loop” Velcro that you can put on your glove, so that you don’t have to do them up everytime.

I personally like Windy. However, mine (and one of my instructor’s) got worn out over the knuckles very quickly, unfortunately…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: