Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mikes

I’m interested in hearing what others are using as hand protection during Krav class. I’ve gone thru handwraps and different MMA gloves and am not completely satisfied with any I’ve used. I’m looking for something that provides good knuckle protection ( I constantly get bleeding knuckles) and compact / not bulky and easy to put on/take off during class. Thanks for any help provided.

sexybaldman

Hi, sorry I can’t recommend any gloves or wraps because I don’t wear them. But I can offer some advice. You might want to slow down your punching and work on technique. You shouldn’t be bleeding at all. In the 8 months I have been doing Krav I have not worn hand protection and had no bloody knuckles. imo

mikes

I don’t know, maybe it’s all these years sitting behind a desk that have made my hands go soft, but no matter how \”easy\” I train during pad work, I seem to bust up my knuckles or at least open up old scabs.

IMO I prefer the gloves made by revgear for KM. I am not trying to sell KM gear, but I can tell you this, I have been training with these gloves for about 3 months now. It has made a world of difference… maybe they are too good… because the fit perfectly in the focus mits, so they are easy to get the mits on and off… they offer great support around the knuckles… you may not even feel it on your hands…

Try them out… you will really like them.. IMO

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”MikeS\:

I don’t know, maybe it’s all these years sitting behind a desk that have made my hands go soft, but no matter how \”easy\” I train during pad work, I seem to bust up my knuckles or at least open up old scabs.

dude, I feel your pain. I too sit in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day for the last 8 years. :O

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”KravMagaStudent\:

IMO I prefer the gloves made by revgear for KM. I am not trying to sell KM gear, but I can tell you this, I have been training with these gloves for about 3 months now. It has made a world of difference… maybe they are too good… because the fit perfectly in the focus mits, so they are easy to get the mits on and off… they offer great support around the knuckles… you may not even feel it on your hands…

Try them out… you will really like them.. IMO

Agree – Century makes a pretty good glove too, though not particularly durable in my experience – Also more \”bulky.\” I personally like them for the wrist support as well, which I miss not using wraps.

al

Due to some joint injuries and tearing the skin off my knuckles, I’ve experimented with several different gloves. I’ve used the RevGear boxing gloves, the Everlast MMA gloves, and the Century MMA gloves. However, the past few weeks I’ve been using the Combat Sports MMA Safety Training Gloves. They weigh 8 oz., but due to their construction they have the shock disbursement equivalent of a 16 oz. glove. They take about a week to break in so that they slide on and off easily, but they will not fit inside a focus mit. They run around $60.00 + shipping.

lazlo

Harbingers have worked well for me. I tried some KOTCs(King Of The Cage) gloves but they didn’t fit right. I use wraps when I know we will spar or if I get to class on time. I strive to wear nothing(on my hands), as we will have nothing on our hands in the street.
    The doctor, Jeff I think, can tell you how many hand injuries he sees from fights. Don’t punch people in the head(face is fine!), in the teeth, with the floating knuckles, and buy a makiwara board.

jon-herman

Bleeding knuckles .. wrap them with athletic tape (fabric) before putting on the wraps. 1-2 times around, not too tight to laterally compress the knuckles, should get you through for now.

Jon

lumpy

Try doing your push-up on your knuckles to build wrist strength and to toughen your knuckle skin. I was having the same problems with knuckle bruising and a previous posting suggested this. It worked well for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: